GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI 1/4 WR Trap Speed [stock turbo]

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
After pushing it back for so long here you go.
We only got to run the 93 octane map but the results even only on 93 were pleasant.
We may return in February on the 100 octane file, with motor mounts, drag radials, Fluidampr crank pulley, light weight rotors, lightweight racing battery, BOV upgrade and water meth injection and completely blow the numbers out the way.
Since the results were so pleasant on the car incomplete and only on 93, we have raised the bar for IS38 to 125mph trap.
Now if you guys bug, annoy and push me for another 18 months you just may get me to make it lmao.
We also came to the conclusion that IF I EVER manage to put the power down like Tyler Aul and match his 60ft, we would expect to see the completed IS20 setup in the 11.3-11.5 range.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Nice job man, great traps for a IS20 for sure!

Why did you back into the burnout box with a FWD car and then do a NHRA burnout past the staging lights on street tires :p. You are going to take a lot of flack for that, that is the single biggest n00b move one can make at a drag strip :D

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Keep up the good work!

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
good job! remember every tenth in the 60ft. is 2 tenths in the 1/4 so a 2.0 60 would put you at 11.90s and so on.

Oh damn so if I pulled a 1.7 60ft like Tyler that is 1.2s off of my 12.5 ET?

Nice job man, great traps for a IS20 for sure!

Why did you back into the burnout box with a FWD car and then do a NHRA burnout past the staging lights on street tires :p. You are going to take a lot of flack for that, that is the single biggest n00b move one can make at a drag strip :D

You are talking to THE BIGGEST drag noob lol.
Im a roll racer :p.
I came to the conclusion that I will more than likely never touch Tylers time.
Not because I do not know how to or because I do not have the resources.
Simply because I do not feel the need to.
On a roll until over drive (5th on DSG ~ 142MPH for me) I can work with up to 125MPH trap cars.
Its a roll car and it will always be a roll car.
Give me a year and hopefully it will make it on to 1320.
TTE has not blown me away so far so more than likely we will go all out custom GTX3582r low boost until internals.
I will however briefly go IS38 since Mike is taking his out of his R.

Last edited:

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Oh damn so if I pulled a 1.7 60ft like Tyler that is 1.2s off of my 12.5 ET?

You are talking to THE BIGGEST drag noob lol.
Im a roll racer :p.
I came to the conclusion that I will more than likely never touch Tylers time.
Not because I do not know how to or because I do not have the resources.
Simply because I do not feel the need to.
On a roll until over drive (5th on DSG ~ 142MPH for me) I can work with up to 125MPH trap cars.
Its a roll car and it will always be a roll car.
Give me a year and hopefully it will make it on to 1320.
TTE has not blown me away so far so more than likely we will go all out custom GTX3582r low boost until internals.
I will however briefly go IS38 since Mike is taking his out of his R.

Hahah, same here man... not really into drag racing either, but all people outside the roll racing group seem to care about are the numbers and not who you are beating. I get it though, the numbers don't lie. Our cars from a roll seem to keep up with cars trapping about 5-7mph more than we are able to put down on a track too I have noticed, I can put an easy car or two multiple other cars I have ran that also ran ~122mph... and then there are other cars (like Vipers) that run hot from a roll too.

You know the CTS Boss kits hot side will bolt right up to a GTX3576 right? That turbo is good for 700whp and has great spoolup too.

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Hahah, same here man... not really into drag racing either, but all people outside the roll racing group seem to care about are the numbers and not who you are beating. I get it though, the numbers don't lie. Our cars from a roll seem to keep up with cars trapping about 5-7mph more than we are able to put down on a track too I have noticed, I can put an easy car or two multiple other cars I have ran that also ran ~122mph... and then there are other cars (like Vipers) that run hot from a roll too.

You know the CTS Boss kits hot side will bolt right up to a GTX3576 right? That turbo is good for 700whp and has great spoolup too.

We are waiting on it! :)

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Nice trap. What was the passing 1/4 mile though?

Edit: watched it on my laptop and it showed 12.5@117 :D
Not sure why it didn't show the full video on my phone.

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

I'd think the GTX35 is a little big. Wouldn't you go with a 30 over the 35? I know spool isn't that much different, but unless you're revving it way out, I'd think the 30 is a better fit. Granted it's all about goals though too and I'd like to keep mine street friendly lol

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I'd think the GTX35 is a little big. Wouldn't you go with a 30 over the 35? I know spool isn't that much different, but unless you're revving it way out, I'd think the 30 is a better fit. Granted it's all about goals though too and I'd like to keep mine street friendly lol

I have had the APR valve springs and IE forged rods sitting around for a while now. She will be good for 8500rpm.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya makes sense then. And you could boost all you want with not much worry ;)

Mk72015

Ready to race!
thats a pretty good trap! but once you start bringing down the 60FT, mph comes down with it

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
thats a pretty good trap! but once you start bringing down the 60FT, mph comes down with it
Not when you spin past the 60' marker, or past the 330' too lol. That is only true if you're spinning stops by the 60' market. My fastest traps have always been my fastest ETs because my setup is so traction hungry.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Not when you spin past the 60' marker, or past the 330' too lol. That is only true if you're spinning stops by the 60' market. My fastest traps have always been my fastest ETs because my setup is so traction hungry.

Yeah i forgot about that he said 330ft, so his trap maybe the same then which would be really good if he cuts a really good 60ft, It seems with the R my better 60fts means less mph

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Personally on this car after 50+ runs, my best traps have always been my best times on a given setup.