GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emmanuele springs loud after install - thoughts?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
So you can access the mount without taking off the coil in my experience. There is a little cap you can pop off that's under the cowl and did have to peel it back a bit but not taking it off completely.

lokerola

Ready to race!
So you can access the mount without taking off the coil in my experience. There is a little cap you can pop off that's under the cowl and did have to peel it back a bit but not taking it off completely.

Interesting, thanks. I didn't do the install myself, but that sounds like an easier way to access the springs.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, thanks. I didn't do the install myself, but that sounds like an easier way to access the springs.

Well technically you can't access the spring. You can access the strut nut and some of the mount. There is a tiny hole thru which you can see the springs but that's about it.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Pretty interesting. I have ED springs with the Spulen "Super Flush" kit, which is 15mm spacers in front, 20mm spacers in rear, with absolutely no extra squeaking or rubbing or anything. Stock Austins w/ Bridgestone S001 summer tires for what it's worth. Strange indeed.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Possibly the winter tires vs the summer tires?

lokerola

Ready to race!
Possibly the winter tires vs the summer tires?

Yea, could be. They are the same size as the stock tires (225/40R18), but the tread must be a bit taller.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I guess you will find out on the spring time. [emoji57]

Mk72015

Ready to race!
OBD11 HELP

so I looked all over the obd11 thread,

Can you see your boost levels with the OBD11 Pro??

I've been looking for hours go no info

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Wrong thread?

lokerola

Ready to race!
Well folks, just a quick update that the squeaking came back. I'm getting everything ripped out and going back to stock suspension. No one can find anything wrong - it just squeaks. So going back to stock. What a freaking waste of money - so frustrating.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Well folks, just a quick update that the squeaking came back. I'm getting everything ripped out and going back to stock suspension. No one can find anything wrong - it just squeaks. So going back to stock. What a freaking waste of money - so frustrating.

Interested in trying new mounts/bearing first? Sorry for your frustrations man...

lokerola

Ready to race!
Interested in trying new mounts/bearing first? Sorry for your frustrations man

I had a new ECS heavy duty kit with new mounts and bearings installed when I had the springs put in. Unfortunately the labor is killing me here. If I have the ecs parts replaced it's going to cost me an arm and a leg. And then if it doesn't work I have to pay with my other arm and other leg to go back to stock.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I too have ECS mounts/bearings... interesting

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Interested in trying new mounts/bearing first? Sorry for your frustrations man

I had a new ECS heavy duty kit with new mounts and bearings installed when I had the springs put in. Unfortunately the labor is killing me here. If I have the ecs parts replaced it's going to cost me an arm and a leg. And then if it doesn't work I have to pay with my other arm and other leg to go back to stock.

What is arm and leg price?
I had Dealer quote $325 for bearing mount and I provide parts.
No alignment.
I had a Euro Shop quote $400. No alignment.
I have a light piping sound in low speed turns. Dealer says one spring bearing is bad. This was an ECS HD Spring Install Kit.