GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 R - Exhaust Flap VCDS Changes

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
I just took delivery of a 2017 R last week. I want to switch off the exhaust flap by coding.

It looks like things are different for this model year and it's no longer Byte 9 Bit 2. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I just took delivery of a 2017 R last week. I want to switch off the exhaust flap by coding.

It looks like things are different for this model year and it's no longer Byte 9 Bit 2. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Did you try just scrolling down until you see a check box named Deactivate Exhaust Flaps? What version VCDS are you using?

Aaron MKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess you'll need to either get with someone who has VCDS or wait for someone with a '17 and OBD to do it.

You DID post VCDS not OBD11 in the title.

I have VCDS and have the same question on how I can do this. Ill be following up with Ross-Tech but my engine ROD file cannot be found and in the long coding I do not see the checkbox. If anyone has coded it on a 2017 I'd be interested to know how it was done.

Thanks!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
What are the benefits of turning off the exhaust flapper ?

Actually, none. The drone on deceleration will be very bad, and the flaps already open fully during full throttle. I tried it for a few hours, and to me it wasn't bearable, but I like to hear the radio.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
What are your observations after the change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works good. I haven’t experienced any droning but you have to check yourself since this it’s very individual what you consider as “droning”.

Have had them deactivated for 18 months now.

/Peter