GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
My car is exactly the same as yours... Pure White Sport DSG. I'm having a shop install them for me. I'm hoping I won't need pads for the rear, but I'll throw them in down the road if it settles with reverse rake. I'll post pics once I get everything installed.

Pads are generally just for 6mt. DSG is heavier up front and settles straight without it.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
My car is exactly the same as yours... Pure White Sport DSG. I'm having a shop install them for me. I'm hoping I won't need pads for the rear, but I'll throw them in down the road if it settles with reverse rake. I'll post pics once I get everything installed.

Sounds good. If you're after comfort, I think you'll be happy with the EDs.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Was there a revised version of these springs that now had a rubber sleeve around a coil up top? I was reading through this thread and thought some people had that revision. My springs arrived today and don't have a rubber sleeve. I did have an Airhead included in the box, which I thought was a nice touch.

FAS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Installed ED's springs with stock dampers and 10/15 ECS spacers. Love how car looks now. Ride has some added stiffness and bounce on dips and bumps but overall ride is comfortable. I actually feel less of the road imperfections versus stock. As long as dampers hold up than I'm rather satisfied with this setup for my daily.

Looks good! Thanks again.

cw_tdi14

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got mine lowered on a set of ED springs. So far no complaints. After I get the car cleaned up I’ll post some better pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Not sure why I can't quote...

cw_tdi14, Drop is looking good. Are you 6MT or DSG?

predatorbird, did you get you springs installed yet?

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
predatorbird, did you get you springs installed yet?
Not yet. I ordered 15/20 spacers from ECS that have been on backorder. They were estimated to ship today, but I don't think that will happen. I want to install everything at once because I know I won't like how the car looks without spacers.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
I got the springs installed two days ago. I couldn't be happier with the drop! I imagine it should settle a little more over the next couple of weeks.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
I got the springs installed two days ago. I couldn't be happier with the drop! I imagine it should settle a little more over the next couple of weeks.

Looks great! Glad you got everything installed. Really like the bars and mudflaps. Both OEM? I’ve been debating mudflaps but those look subtle. My car gets so much road grime.

I haven’t measured but my ED springs haven’t settled much. Did you already get an alignment?

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Looks great! Glad you got everything installed. Really like the bars and mudflaps. Both OEM? I’ve been debating mudflaps but those look subtle. My car gets so much road grime.

I haven’t measured but my ED springs haven’t settled much. Did you already get an alignment?
Yes, both are OEM. I had some fender damage on my previous car from running spacers and no mudflaps, so these were a must for me. I'm happy with the look of them and how well they flow with the car compared to aftermarket options.

I haven't taken it in for alignment, yet. The car has a finger gap in the front and a tight finger gap in the rear. I'm hoping the front settles just a little bit to even out. I took before measurements and immediately after install. I'll take some final measurements after a couple of weeks and my alignment is done.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!

This looks great. What size spacers and % tint?

Nevermind about spacers (read previous posts).