GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tungsten Silver Metallic Golf Thread

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Official Tungsten Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

As we have "Official" picture threads for most other colours I thought I would start one for ALL "Tungsten Silver Metallic" Golfs.

I'll go first...:D

Attachments

• Car-at-Duffus.jpg
    Car-at-Duffus.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 5,542
  • Car-front-winter-2016.jpg
    Car-front-winter-2016.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 6,317
Last edited:

proton

Ready to race!
Here's mine as well. Really like this colour, looks great when washed and polished and hides the dirt well as a bonus

Attachments

• 20160716_151434.jpg
    20160716_151434.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 5,941
  • 20160716_151440.jpg
    20160716_151440.jpg
    690.7 KB · Views: 5,759
  • 20160716_151508.jpg
    20160716_151508.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 5,835
  • 20160716_151608.jpg
    20160716_151608.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 5,245
  • 20160716_151719.jpg
    20160716_151719.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 5,334

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here's mine as well. Really like this colour, looks great when washed and polished and hides the dirt well as a bonus

That's a high spec SE........;)...& the Xenon's really make the car!

Another thing I have only just realised my "GT" (Highline) spec has a unique front Badge which I have not seen on any other spec of Golf.

The side of the platform that the front badge sits on is also chrome where as all others are black!

proton

Ready to race!
That's a high spec SE........;)...& the Xenon's really make the car!

They look really good, and much better lighting the road at night. It's pretty well loaded with extras :) Thought as I intend to keep it a fair while I'd have a good car that suited the way I drive these days together with a good spec!

jpatki

Tungsten Silver Metallic Golf S 5M

I wouldn't have chosen this color over white or blue (if more choices on the lot), but I have basically decided it is the "perfect" silver. It has lots of moods, depending on the sky.

Jon2

Ready to race!
My Tungsten Silver 1.4TSI SE. :)

Attachments

• rsz_20160428_164707.jpg
    rsz_20160428_164707.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 12,340
  • rsz_gloup.jpg
    rsz_gloup.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 4,372
Last edited:

Jon2

Ready to race!
I live on an island 12 miles long, by 4.5 miles wide, with a population of about 700. There's a white S model, and at least 2 other Tungsten Silver mk7s. One of the TSMs is a R, but I'm almost certain there are 2 Rs on the island, which will make it 4 TSM mk7s on this one small island.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I live on an island 12 miles long, by 4.5 miles wide, with a population of about 700. There's a white S model, and at least 2 other Tungsten Silver mk7s. One of the TSMs is a R, but I'm almost certain there are 2 Rs on the island, which will make it 4 TSM mk7s on this one small island.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

That's a good selection or "R"'s ...I do see more "R" than GTI up here also...I was waiting for the "R" estate but knew it would be launched in DSG & not manual unlike the hatch.....also TSM is not available in "R" either....:mad:

Like another poster above the TSM changes colour quite a lot depending on the sky colour..more so than any other car colour I have seen in VW (unless flip colours).

Sometimes goldy, or greeny, or beige, or cold silver...:cool:

Jon2

Ready to race!
Ah. They must be GTIs rather than Rs then. Just looked on VWUK website and you're right, R not available in TSM. I'm still fairly new to the world of VW. :eek:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ah. They must be GTIs rather than Rs then. Just looked on VWUK website and you're right, R not available in TSM. I'm still fairly new to the world of VW. :eek:

Don't worry it will become a life long obsession.........

driving for 22yrs all cars VW or skoda (VAG)..most of my mates have bought VW, Audi because of me.........Parents had MK1 & MK2 golfs when I was a kid.....

in the Blood really.....:eek:

Jon2

Ready to race!
Don't worry it will become a life long obsession.........

driving for 22yrs all cars VW or skoda (VAG)..most of my mates have bought VW, Audi because of me.........Parents had MK1 & MK2 golfs when I was a kid.....

in the Blood really.....:eek:

I'm generally a Citroën man, but they don't currently produce something I like, so I was at a bit of a loss as to what to replace the C4 with at the start of the year. Was thinking Alfa Giulietta, Audi A4, Skoda Fabia mk3 or SEAT Leon mk3, but ended up going with the mk7 Golf. Loving it so far, especially now the driver's door has stopped creaking. That was very annoying.

Jon2

Ready to race!
3 years and 2 months old, but today, on the drive down to Lerwick, my 7 reached it's first 10k miles. Bought it in April this year with 4046 miles on the clock, so I've done 6000 miles so far. Loving it. :)

MrVaskis

I can only agree, this color is "perfect" silver. It has lots of moods. Best that it's not so "cold" as reflex silver, and has that warm golden pearl(?) shade, that makes it warm especially in sunny days.

First photo, sorry for quality. I will change it later, when we finally have some sunny days here.