GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 2017 frameless rear mirror

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
As for the frameless mirror - ok, it's different, I get that. But an "upgrade"? Truly baffled as to why anyone would spend money to replace their mirror with a different design. Other than being different, exactly how is it better and worth spending money on? Serious question.

mkygod

Ready to race!
As for the frameless mirror - ok, it's different, I get that. But an "upgrade"? Truly baffled as to why anyone would spend money to replace their mirror with a different design. Other than being different, exactly how is it better and worth spending money on? Serious question.

Aesthetics, much like with the Euro tail lights.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I was finally doing some night driving and discovered that the frameless mirror does indeed auto dim and looks really good doing so. Leaves a brighter boarder around the perimeter of the glass.
This car impresses me more and more everyday

How do you turn it on and off?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
One question - where is the other sensor, which I think is the rain sensor? Looks like only the Lane Assist camera is in the housing.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
And there's less of a frame but it's not frameless.
There is no frame as such on mine - just a slight bevel to the edge of the glass. Mine is German built UK spec MY2017 car so maybe the US version is different.

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
It's possible, see post #1115 on the link: http://vw-golfclub.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=63071&page=56

Problem is VW changed the shape of plastic cap that hides the cables on 2017 models with this mirror, so it doesn't fit. The person from Russian forum used 2 caps to make one that fits.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
whats so frameless about it? lol