GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 GTI - Showroom Purchase Project (Daily Driver)

aleczorz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello ladies & gents. Welcome to my build thread! It will likely be a slower project as I'm not in any rush to heavily modify at this time.

This is my second GTI; first one was a 2006 MKV GTI.

You can see pictures of my car here! (Sorry for the iPhone quality. Haven't gotten out with the camera just yet.)

Purchased in September, 2015 w/ the following dealership addons:
  • Window Tints
  • 18" BBS SR Wheels
  • Performance Tires
  • H&R Springs
  • Matte Gray Roof Wrap

Addons completed by me:
  • LED Footwells
  • Black VW Emblem (Front & Back)
  • License Plate/Trunk/Glove Box LEDs

List of desired modifications:
  • ECS & DSG Tune
  • LED Tail Lights
  • Boost Gauge
  • Intake
  • Resonator Delete
  • Front Lip
  • Trunk LED Setup

I am open to suggestions/feedback/opinions. I wouldn't consider myself extremely car savvy. I am more of a computer geek, but damn, I love my Volkswagen!

I will document any future modifications here in this thread.

Last edited:

aleczorz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got my license plate LED's in from deautokey. Those guys do great with anything LED related. Also got my footwells from them.

Here are some better quality pictures:

murph1

Howdy from RTP, Those wheels look great with the TR. I got my 2015 GTI S a few months ago... bought it used in Hickory. I swapped out the Austins for Watkins Glens within the first few weeks... look very similar to your BBS SRs. It's surprising just how few 2D models I see around the triangle. Yours looks awesome.

-murph

Last edited:

aleczorz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Howdy from RTP, Those wheels look great with the TR. I got my 2015 GTI S a few months ago... bought it used in Hickory. I swapped out the Austins for Watkins Glens within the first few weeks... look very similar to your BBS SRs. It's surprising just how few 2D models I see around the triangle. Yours looks awesome.

-murph

Thanks, Murph. Just looked at the Watkins Glens wheels - they definitely look similar to the BBS SRs. Maybe I'll see you cruising around the triangle!

Ride safe!

murph1

For sure! With your unique roof color and wheels, I'm guessing I'll see you first. ;-)

I'm hoping to make it out to BFI's Octoberfest this fall... maybe catch you there? I used to drive from Centennial Campus to Biryani House for lunch every couple of weeks and always rubbernecked at the rides in their parking lot. LOL

-murph

aleczorz1

Passed Driver's Ed
For sure! With your unique roof color and wheels, I'm guessing I'll see you first. ;-)

I'm hoping to make it out to BFI's Octoberfest this fall... maybe catch you there? I used to drive from Centennial Campus to Biryani House for lunch every couple of weeks and always rubbernecked at the rides in their parking lot. LOL

-murph

I've never been to Octoberfest, but I would assume I will definitely try and be there this year.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Looks awesome!! Plans to wrap mirror covers like the roof?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
thinking of doing matte black on my roof. What made you go with the grey as opposed to black?