GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Rims or tune :eek:
Konig Oversteer 18x8 or APR Stage2+ (when its available). Rims are 20lbs vs 25lbs stock (I think). I have Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/18 to swap on. Price is about the same for either.
I KNOW rims will get curbed eventually, crappy roads here. And I know I'll need a clutch eventually if I get the tune. Weight reduction from the rims should make the driving experience more enjoyable, but so would the tune :p
Have a family vacation to plan so can't get both :eek:

Wheels, because you have the tires.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I understand gas mileage is the last thing to consider but have you noticed better after lowering your cars?

Reminds me of my favorite troll. Saying that you understand physics, and that since lowering the car puts it closer to the ground, and force decreases over distance, ask how much power you gain from lowering a car.
but if you lower just the front the car will be going downhill all the time = better MPG.

:)

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello All!

I'm new and I have a difficult question! So, I noticed golfs seems to be sorted by mark versions. If i'm searching for parts/mods and it says its compatible with a "MK7 GTI" would that mean (as long as its not engine related) It would fit my "MK7 Tsi?" I would love if this would be this way! This is most likely to general of a question.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hello All!

I'm new and I have a difficult question! So, I noticed golfs seems to be sorted by mark versions. If i'm searching for parts/mods and it says its compatible with a "MK7 GTI" would that mean (as long as its not engine related) It would fit my "MK7 Tsi?" I would love if this would be this way! This is most likely to general of a question.

Not necessarily and probably not. You would need to look for parts specifically for the TSI.

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
So I’ve got a stupid question (that’s probably been covered by plenty of people in this thread and others)

But...TPMS, it’s an indirect system which from my understanding uses ABS to measure tire rotation and speed to determine air in the tires. I’m curious to know if I’m doing this right? I got my tires rotated and balanced, filled with air; pressed SET, and nothing happened. So is it remembering the 37 PSI and logging it for a later time when my air starts to get low, or should I just invest in a little reader to check my tires 0.5 to 1 month at a time like I used to? (I read on other posts that it doesn’t catch a reading when you are driving fairly sporty and my job is only...4-8 miles away from my apartment so I don’t really have a lengthy drive for data gathering)

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Hello All!

Not necessarily and probably not. You would need to look for parts specifically for the TSI.

idk but I'd say not necessarily but maybe. If we know what mabe we can give a better answer.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
So I’ve got a stupid question (that’s probably been covered by plenty of people in this thread and others)

But...TPMS, it’s an indirect system which from my understanding uses ABS to measure tire rotation and speed to determine air in the tires. I’m curious to know if I’m doing this right? I got my tires rotated and balanced, filled with air; pressed SET, and nothing happened. So is it remembering the 37 PSI and logging it for a later time when my air starts to get low, or should I just invest in a little reader to check my tires 0.5 to 1 month at a time like I used to? (I read on other posts that it doesn’t catch a reading when you are driving fairly sporty and my job is only...4-8 miles away from my apartment so I don’t really have a lengthy drive for data gathering)
I read somewhere (don't remember) that you had to adj PSI, hit set then go for a drive. I think checking PSI with a guage 1x month (along with oil/fluids) is just a good general practice/habit

MutinyMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Since i just got my GTI and been working on it.. my neighbor did all this.

help me.

Attachments

• 68808120_361154777887133_1069057127076593664_n.jpg
    68808120_361154777887133_1069057127076593664_n.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 270

MutinyMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
The "APR" decal is my favorite. Since they don't make any Sentra parts, I assume he's bragging about the financing deal he got?

He saw it on a GTI.. and just had to get it too i guess.
Im about to get NISMO all over my back window and park beside him. He wont get the joke tho.. and will probably like my sticker..

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
get a "24.99%" sticker and add it behind the APR. Or whatever your state allows as max.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
idk but I'd say not necessarily but maybe. If we know what mabe we can give a better answer.

Ok so like a rear diffuser and catback exhaust from a gti for a Tsi. I really want a center mount with a more aggressive exhaust!