GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys,

Just joined not too long ago and I have owned my mk7 for around 3 or 4 weeks at this point. It is a reflex silver 4 door 6mt. I Love the car so far. It has been great fun and I love the mixture between a refined looking interior, sporty performance, with hatchback versatility and utility.

I have order my first modification so far which is the APR carbon fiber intake. Although it is pricey I was looking for a closed system that would deliver some change in sound and some performance enhancement without being too obnoxiously loud or different than stock. I should be installing it this week when it comes in and I will share pics when I get the chance.

Additionally, looking for a reasonable tint shop that does quality work on the weekend. In the Boston area. Any ideas?

Tint King ! There outstanding

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Hi all. Had my R for about a month now finally just hit 1000 miles no performance mods yet jb1 is coming soon though have though installed led break and reverse lights and some VCDS tweaks . Ive also done a two coat of Opti-Gloss which I love ever so much. Just ordered a pop hatch kit cause I use my trunk so much. May have seen me in the north Boston areas as I'm over there a lot. but I'm from Worcester. Below are some photos. It's been rainy and finally getting some nice weather. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Beautiful R ^^

Keep them coming guys. I would love to get a meet going soon.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!

Hello!

Hailing from Rhode Island here, anyone going to Dustoff Sunday?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How's the Unitronic treating you? Im waiting for them to unlock the 2016s

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
How's the Unitronic treating you? Im waiting for them to unlock the 2016s

I'm about 6500 miles on the tune and I couldn't be happier with it. The linear throttle response and top and grunt make the car drive just about perfectly for daily driving. The turbo spool is very linear with the throttle as well, so it doesn't sneak up on me and break the tires loose like stock did from time to time.

For anyone in a CARB state, stage 1+ will fail readiness the same as stage 2, so you need to flash back to stock for inspections. Fortunately the Uniconnect I picked up with the tune made this very easy. The ECU flash takes about 5-10 minutes and the TCU take maybe 2 minutes.

Fair warning, you'll never want to go back to stock once you've gotten used to 310 crank horsepower. I flashed down for my inspection today and was miserable. Just fixed that problem!

thebc2

Hey guys, I'm down in Canton and would definitely be interested in a dyno day. I have a 2016 Golf R, have only done a few mods so far. JB1, downgrade to 18" wheels (let me know if you're looking for some mint Golf R 19s), euro golf r tails, some vcds tweaks as well as a tint and clear bra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I'm about 6500 miles on the tune and I couldn't be happier with it. The linear throttle response and top and grunt make the car drive just about perfectly for daily driving. The turbo spool is very linear with the throttle as well, so it doesn't sneak up on me and break the tires loose like stock did from time to time.

For anyone in a CARB state, stage 1+ will fail readiness the same as stage 2, so you need to flash back to stock for inspections. Fortunately the Uniconnect I picked up with the tune made this very easy. The ECU flash takes about 5-10 minutes and the TCU take maybe 2 minutes.

Fair warning, you'll never want to go back to stock once you've gotten used to 310 crank horsepower. I flashed down for my inspection today and was miserable. Just fixed that problem!

I'm assuming you flashed back to stock for inspection cause of CEL errors? From I'm assuming a Downpipe ? Or is there another reason you did just for an inspection ?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I'm assuming you flashed back to stock for inspection cause of CEL errors? From I'm assuming a Downpipe ? Or is there another reason you did just for an inspection ?

No downpipe, stage 1+ only. No CEL, but that's because the flash turned my emission testing off or something.

Like stage 2, it was forcing a "not ready" state in the cat check, O2 check, and a third one I think EGR check.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!

Im just waiting for Unitronic to unlock the 2016s so I can jump on that bandwagon =P

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed

Hey! My name is Bryon; typically roll deep with my wife, son, and two dogs though. We have a 2015 4dr GTI w/LP, Roof Rack and Body Carrier, APR Intake, APR Stage 1 (since 12k), and Off-Set Front Plate.

I'm down in the South Shore area and work from home so my car only makes it out of the area on weekends most of the time. We do like to do car shows though and can't wait for Waterfest and H20i. We hit up South Shore Dr last week and that was interesting to see all the WRX's and very little VW love.

Would like to get to know some local VW folks, maybe have some people to do local trivia with or just roll deep to go see the new X-Men movie. Also have a decent camera to shoot with, but I'm horrible at editing.

Upcoming mods: TCU Tune, VWR Springs, some Vinyl wrapping, black badges, still looking for the right exhaust as well. I don't get to hear them in action, just youtube clips and that isn't enough for me.

Last edited:

RubiksQu

Ready to race!

Hi everyone. My name is Q. I'm from downtown Boston. Currently work in Medford, I sometimes a red GTI with a Thule box, a silver with tinted taillights and a black S two doors passed by my work place. I drive a 16 GTI SE DSG stock with O.Z. wheels. Recently installed LED taillights, now waiting for my AWE Track CBE to arrive. I would love to meet every local VW owners someday. I like going to car shows. I went to New England Dragway this passed Sunday but I didn't get to meet any MK7 owners. I'm free on most weekdays night. Let me know if you guys want to meet up:)

Side issue steering noise: waiting for CV Boot parts to arrive at Boston Volkswagen.

Hi there!

Last edited: