GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running 245/35/19 on STOCK SUSPENSION?

BodegaBay

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I didn't think this tire combo would fit on the 7R but I recently saw a local R owner who had this very setup on STOCK suspension. He's using Conti DWS06 245/35/19 and says he has zero rubbing with aftermarket 19x8.5 ET43. The 245 tire really fills out the wheel well nicely too.

Has anyone else use this tire combo for their Golf?

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
I didn't think this tire combo would fit on the 7R but I recently saw a local R owner who had this very setup on STOCK suspension. He's using Conti DWS06 245/35/19 and says he has zero rubbing with aftermarket 19x8.5 ET43. The 245 tire really fills out the wheel well nicely too.

Has anyone else use this tire combo for their Golf?

I saw a guy running this EXACT combo last night (same tires too) seemed to work nicely. It actually looked lowered just because the wells were filled out more.

BodegaBay

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I saw a guy running this EXACT combo last night (same tires too) seemed to work nicely. It actually looked lowered just because the wells were filled out more.
Yup, I agree. That size on stock suspension looked lowered to me as well. I never considered this size until I saw it in person. I really liked it!

BodegaBay

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I got a hold of him and he sent some pics.

235/35/19 Stock Bridgestone RE5050A
19x8.5 ET43

BodegaBay

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks like that would work even with a mild drop
Yes I think so as well. But with the 4 seasons region we live in, this is actually a very good and usable wheel gap. I'm sure it would be fine in city metropolitans with milder climates like LA or Dallas.

j3mk7r

It's nice to know that this is really an option. I don't plan on modifying my suspension (DCC) and I prefer to have more wheel protection than a 235 would offer on an 8.5 width wheel so this is really promising. I'll be picking up new wheels along with all-season tires in October for the Seattle winter and was planning on going with 19x8.5 wheels and hopefully 245/35/19 tires. If anyone else tries this for themselves please do share your experiences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Zen1

Passed Driver's Ed
I would definitely like to see more R's or GTI's with 245/35/19s, I have been waiting for more people to attempt this setup. Please continue to post if you guys find any:

Here is one, stock suspension. HRE flow forged, don't have the offsets, but I think they are in the HRE thread on the other vw forum, or on hre's site:

And a GTI on 245/35/19s lowered on VWR springs, VMR wheels:

Zen1

Passed Driver's Ed
You would really want an 8.5-9in wheel to run 245's. Running too wide of a tire on a narrow wheel will actually hurt performance, as shown by various race teams' track times experimenting with tire size.

If you don't care about track times and steering that feels a little bit less sharp, you will have a more compliant ride with 245s vs 235s due to the taller sidewall.