GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crap, jammed up the little drawer!

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys

You know the little compartment to the left of our steering wheel? It's right under our headlight switch...? I put something in there that's a little too tall then I forced it closed and now it's jammed and the object inside won't let it open.

Is there anyway to get the little door off or go from another part of the car? I hope I don't have to take the dash off the car to get it out...FML

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
If you can open it even a little, maybe you can shove a credit card in there? If you can get on top of the "stuck item" with the credit card, maybe you can leave the card in there as a cap, and open the door.
I hope this makes sense?

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
You might be able to access it after removing the side panel. Looks like they are kind of close.

This video shows how to pop it open.
https://youtu.be/01mx6MuD8lI?t=2m33s

Awesome thanks for this! I'll give it a try and see if I can pull the whole thing out.

Ouch. I'd also try to get it at it from the side panel but I know there's not much room there. Good luck.

I'll give this a try too.

why are you forcing things in there?

Cuz im stupid. D:

If you can open it even a little, maybe you can shove a credit card in there? If you can get on top of the "stuck item" with the credit card, maybe you can leave the card in there as a cap, and open the door.
I hope this makes sense?

Yes I understand what you're suggesting. However the object is too tall and is almost always above the door line.

Thanks guys I will give this another go tomorrow.