GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Kpj313

I got my obdeleven last night, tried to mess around some but couldn't figure out the app. Even time I would try to load kessy I would get this error.
I'll try again after work...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I got my obdeleven last night, tried to mess around some but couldn't figure out the app. Even time I would try to load kessy I would get this error.

I'm not sure what about the app is difficult to figure out. If you have specific questions post them here and I'm happy to help you out.
It's pretty straightforward though...Pair the device (code is 1234) to your phone, Enable the Pro version (assuming you bought it and have your code – if you didn't buy it, buy it. Immediately), follow the many published VCDS tweaks. Here are some good ones:
https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/151DX1D0BEs76UfUpJbBAVJ8OhuhEoRPrmxFsUrKiVm0/pub

Keep in mind that "Instruments" in VCDS corresponds to "Dashboard" on OBDEleven.

In terms of your specific error, make sure your key is in the accessory/ignition on position (car does not need to be started). The only time I ever got that message is when I inadvertently hadn't put the key in that position.

Kpj313

I'm not sure what about the app is difficult to figure out. If you have specific questions post them here and I'm happy to help you out.
It's pretty straightforward though...Pair the device (code is 1234) to your phone, Enable the Pro version (assuming you bought it and have your code – if you didn't buy it, buy it. Immediately), follow the many published VCDS tweaks. Here are some good ones:
https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/151DX1D0BEs76UfUpJbBAVJ8OhuhEoRPrmxFsUrKiVm0/pub

Keep in mind that "Instruments" in VCDS corresponds to "Dashboard" on OBDEleven.

In terms of your specific error, make sure your key is in the accessory/ignition on position (car does not need to be started). The only time I ever got that message is when I inadvertently hadn't put the key in that position.

It's connected via Bluetooth, and all I could do with the app is scan for codes, although it takes forever. It will load control units, but when I select any of them, that's when I get the error.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Anyone know which channels etc. the emergency blinkers/hazards are? I'd like to activate kencha tails but only for the hazard lights, not normal turn signals.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
It's connected via Bluetooth, and all I could do with the app is scan for codes, although it takes forever. It will load control units, but when I select any of them, that's when I get the error.

Do you have the pro version, and if so, have you activated it? If you do and you're getting those errors, then I think your best option is to contact the manufacturer.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
So I received my ODB11 on Friday to my surprise since I only ordered it on the 9th.. I must say this device is awesome!!! So far I was able to change:

Windows open/ close from the remote
Change instruments to Carbon Fiber look
Refuel Quantity
DRL option in MIB
Disable warning tone when ignition is on and driver's door open
Comfort Blink Cycle

Last edited:

Kpj313

Do you have the pro version, and if so, have you activated it? If you do and you're getting those errors, then I think your best option is to contact the manufacturer.
Messed around with it some more with the same results. Contacted the manufacturer via Facebook and we tried various things to no avail...
He's sending me a new unit asap!

Now that's customer service!!!

Slimshiesty

Ready to race!
How does the carbon fiber background compare to the stock spotlight background? Is it appreciably better?

Did you get a chance to try any of the other backgrounds?

Its just a minor change, just adds the effect of CF on the same background.
Because my MK7, like most have that CF looking accents around the doors and dash, this just solidifies it, so it matches.

have not tried any other backgrounds.

Last edited:

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes. it works on Android 4.1 and up.

I tried to download the app onto my Toshiba Tablet running Android 4.4.2, and it tells me that it's not compatible! WTF
I can't download the app at all. Did anyone else run into these troubles?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I tried to download the app onto my Toshiba Tablet running Android 4.4.2, and it tells me that it's not compatible! WTF
I can't download the app at all. Did anyone else run into these troubles?

Their website says "OBDeleven application works with all phones and tablets with Android version 4.1 and later" So it should work I'd think. I'm the farthest thing from an android expert though.

Maybe hit up the manufacturer. One user a few posts back got a quick reply via Facebook.

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
So I received my ODB11 on Friday to my surprise since I only ordered it on the 9th.. I must say this device is awesome!!! So far I was able to change:

Windows open/ close from the remote
Refuel Quantity
DRL option in MIB
Disable warning tone when ignition is on and driver's door open
Comfort Blink Cycle
Crap I ordered mine on the 3rd and it shows shipped, but still nothing.

antep

1. Is it possible to read dpf state?

2. Is it possible to have both front and rear led lights always on with DRL? (not sure how this works with Golf, but I own an Octavia and read led only work with main lights.)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
1. Is it possible to read dpf state?

2. Is it possible to have both front and rear led lights always on with DRL? (not sure how this works with Golf, but I own an Octavia and read led only work with main lights.)

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the only way to do this is by putting the car on city lights (the two inward pointing beams) - this turns on rear lights while keeping DRLs on and allows you to turn your fog lights on without turning your low beams on. This is how I prefer to drive around town. Looks flashy. However when you turn the car off in the city lights position, the lights stay on so you have to put them back in the off position.

After being used to only driving cars that would automatically turn lights off regardless of switch position, this has proven to be a very difficult thing for me to adjust to. I constantly forget to turn them off when I get out of my car, despite the audible ring the car makes when I open the door when the city lights are on and engine is off. I also rarely remember to put the switch back into city lights when I turn the car on.

I really wish the "Auto" function worked the way it SHOULD when Fogs are on in the auto position (that is, if you pull the switch out for fogs when the switch is in auto, it automatically turns the low beams on regardless of outside lighting conditions, essentially rendering the switch useless if you want your fogs on at all times)