GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone that have the IS38 Tune from APR? Comments?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
RjRacing is the only one to my knowledge running the APR IS38 tune, but he has a US spec car.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
I am having the IS38 installed as we speak. It will be tuned on the 14th. I should have a dyno shortly there after. I will be running on 91 until the flex fuel kit comes available. I am hoping for 330 whp on 91

RJ posted his dyno numbers up awhile ago. His car is making massive power IIRC 370whp and he loves his tune.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I am having the IS38 installed as we speak. It will be tuned on the 14th. I should have a dyno shortly there after. I will be running on 91 until the flex fuel kit comes available. I am hoping for 330 whp on 91

RJ posted his dyno numbers up awhile ago. His car is making massive power IIRC 370whp and he loves his tune.

You'll be able to make those number EASILY assuming you have supporting mods. Yeah RJ dyno'd at like -370-380whp SAE corrected

keep us updated how the car is after the tune

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
keep us updated how the car is after the tune

So I have all the hardware installed. Unfortunately, while my ECU code is on the unlocked list, the IS38 tune is not available for this specific code/revision. This could take weeks

Driving around on stock tune with an IS38. #offboost

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Oh man that sucks. Buy a JB1 in the meantime.. Even though George will say they haven't fully tested it with an IS38, it works ;)

Djdirect21

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove for 2 months before apr came out with a beta tune. You should be fine as the afr is safe while on the apr stg 2.
So I have all the hardware installed. Unfortunately, while my ECU code is on the unlocked list, the IS38 tune is not available for this specific code/revision. This could take weeks

Driving around on stock tune with an IS38. #offboost

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Been is38 for a couple weeks now. Power is great. Whats not great is that the tune is not clearing the cels from the o2 sensor on its own.....oh and the epc lights....3 so far. Even after wastegate adjustment. Not sure if it has been worth the worrying though :/

Last edited:

dcpower

Passed Driver's Ed
Felt I should chime in. Running an IS38 and APR tune. Also getting the same codes as listed above, an EPC light for overboost. Which I've come to realize is quite common. Tune seems to be consistently buggy across multiple vehicles, I'm not impressed. Thinking about changing to another tune...

Djdirect21

Passed Driver's Ed
Felt I should chime in. Running an IS38 and APR tune. Also getting the same codes as listed above, an EPC light for overboost. Which I've come to realize is quite common. Tune seems to be consistently buggy across multiple vehicles, I'm not impressed. Thinking about changing to another tune...

I would get a lot of those when car oil temps would reach between 170-190 f and i got on it. I've been driving with the tune for 10+ months and i cant remember the last time i gotten a epc light.

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
I've been IS38/APR for a few weeks now and have had no issues at all. No CEL's or anything. It's a dream and it's far more power than I need on the street. I've never had my car dyno'd, but I can say it feels SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than ED stage 2. And my turbo sounds much healthier, like it's not being overworked. Pushing it on ED on the stock turbo always felt and sounded like I was asking too much of it.

Jlungo, as for the o2 CEL, when they flash the tune, they can select either APR downpipe or testpipe. Mine is testpipe as I'm running a CTS Turbo catted dp, so I wonder if they chose APR dp when they did yours and that's causing errors.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
I've been IS38/APR for a few weeks now and have had no issues at all. No CEL's or anything. It's a dream and it's far more power than I need on the street. I've never had my car dyno'd, but I can say it feels SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than ED stage 2. And my turbo sounds much healthier, like it's not being overworked. Pushing it on ED on the stock turbo always felt and sounded like I was asking too much of it.

Jlungo, as for the o2 CEL, when they flash the tune, they can select either APR downpipe or testpipe. Mine is testpipe as I'm running a CTS Turbo catted dp, so I wonder if they chose APR dp when they did yours and that's causing errors.
That is exactly what I switched to this morning. Testpipe file hasnt caused a cel yet

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
That is exactly what I switched to this morning. Testpipe file hasnt caused a cel yet

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cool cool. Hopefully that works better for you. Keep us posted