GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can you run JB1 on 87 with the Golf 1.8t

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
You can if you change it to Map 0. Map 0 is the stock Map and the car will act exactly like normal on 87 octane.

That being said that means that you get zero benefit from having the JB1 at all and it would be better to keep it stock. You need to have at least 91 octane to run the JB1 on Map 1 which is the lowest setting. Basically if you are concerned about power at all, you should be running at least 91 octane, even on the stock tuning.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
You can if you change it to Map 0. Map 0 is the stock Map and the car will act exactly like normal on 87 octane.

That being said that means that you get zero benefit from having the JB1 at all and it would be better to keep it stock. You need to have at least 91 octane to run the JB1 on Map 1 which is the lowest setting. Basically if you are concerned about power at all, you should be running at least 91 octane, even on the stock tuning.

Thanks bro, I figured as much. Wanna hook up my kid with more power, but at the same time, she will end up having to up her Octane grade with her car a.ka. more expensive (which worries me she forgets one day at the pump) and car starts acting up.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks bro, I figured as much. Wanna hook up my kid with more power, but at the same time, she will end up having to up her Octane grade with her car a.ka. more expensive (which worries me she forgets one day at the pump) and car starts acting up.

If she does forget nothing tragic will occur. The worse case is the car will have hesitations from throttle closure and possibly a engine check light but as mentioned 91 is minimum.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
She? Well, if you buy her JB1, then you should also consider telling her to start filling with 91, or forget about buying the JB1 in the first place.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
It's my 16 yr old daughter's Golf. I transfer all my GTI parts to it whenever I upgrade something lol. It has so many GTI parts u can't even tell it's the TSI vs GTI now.

I'll put a sticker on the gas cap saying 93 ONLY!! Problem solved.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Might be worth posting under the GTI engine thread rather than the GTD engine thread for a response.