GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

tknj99

Ready to race!
So did the delete and it works wonderfully. Clutch pedal now tracks the foot in a more consistent manner.

Now just have to figure out how to better adjust the Sigma6.

+1. Had a friend assist me and well worth the effort. This, clutch stop and spring removal add up to a nice clutch operation.. (for now atleast until stock clutch takes a dump someday)

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
Does anyone know the part number for the plastic cap that goes over the top of the bleeder valve? Mine seemed to pop off when I was bleeding the clutch.

OldEvo

YES!! What a difference a bigger hole makes.

I've been driving manuals for awhile (half a century) and the clutch on my '17 GTI S was really starting to annoy me. The very first time I started out down the street on the test drive I though something was weird. I figured I would get the hang of it soon enough. At 100 miles I still didn't have the hang of it. At 400 miles I was convinced something was wrong with the clutch. Then I saw this thread.

Hallelujah! There is nothing wrong the clutch or my technique.

New rule for all VW engineers; Just because you can do something does not mean you should.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
YES!! What a difference a bigger hole makes.

I've been driving manuals for awhile (half a century) and the clutch on my '17 GTI S was really starting to annoy me. The very first time I started out down the street on the test drive I though something was weird. I figured I would get the hang of it soon enough. At 100 miles I still didn't have the hang of it. At 400 miles I was convinced something was wrong with the clutch. Then I saw this thread.

Hallelujah! There is nothing wrong the clutch or my technique.

New rule for all VW engineers; Just because you can do something does not mean you should.

YES!

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
So I stopped reading around May 2016 and I must say that the methods for bleeding the clutch line described there-in is tedious and more involving.

I'll share my method of bleeding any clutch on any car and it's as simple as a length of clear hose and two zip ties.

Start by removing the wheel closest to the clutch slave and cracking the bleed valve on the brake caliper.

Remove the fluid reservoir cap and attach the clear tubing to the valve, securing it with a zip tie.

Prime the tubing by pumping your brake pedal a few times until the air is displaced. You can then crack the valve on the clutch slave or bleed block and attach the primed tubing and secure with a zip tie.

Top off the fluid reservoir and return to the cabin. By pumping the brake pedal nice and slow about 15-20 times, this closed loop, reverse bleeding, is sure to force any air trapped in the system into the reservoir where it can escape into the atmosphere.

Making sure to avoid the clutch pedal until the valves are closed will make the job simple and headache free. Remember brake fluid is corrosive and will destroy most things unless cleaned ASAP.

Good luck and happy modding!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gameaud

Ready to race!
Does this mod pro long the life of our clutches? heard the cdv causes excess slipping.

Also does the 1-2 shift become faster after doing this mod? right now it feels like an eternity for the revs to drop while every car passes me lol.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Does this mod pro long the life of our clutches? heard the cdv causes excess slipping.

Also does the 1-2 shift become faster after doing this mod? right now it feels like an eternity for the revs to drop while every car passes me lol.
Shifts become relative to the position of the clutch. Feels like to should, that delay you feel will be gone. It's just a comfort feature ?. As to causing slippage, maybe a fraction more than usual. Only gonna slip due to wear and driving habits and power output.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thought I'd share this with you guys...

Took my car into the dealership today for a unrelated issue. Shop foreman said the clutch feels like a aftermarket clutch. Nope, just this clutch bleeder mod :D

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Cap just says DOT 4 fluid, but I know VAG gets weird about fluids. Do I need anything special or just some high quality DOT 4 from the local auto store?

Standard dot 4 should do. If in doubt you can pick up the OEM brake fluid from the dealer or ECS.