GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Locked ECU's how much longer??

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I agree. I'm on a JB1 and happy - until the IS38 swap is well documented and has a good flash tune. Additionally, my car only has 4000mi on it so I'm trying not to be too much of an idiot.

I'm at 18k on the stock clutch and turbo, clutch will need replacing soon.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
From what I've read, GIAC doesn't actually have a working bench flash for these.

United Motorsport have a full OBD2 port flash for the newer 2016 ECUs so it is clearly possible and normally once one tuner has it cracked the secret gets out and they all have it so not sure why no one else has released it yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serpicowasright

Passed Driver's Ed
United Motorsport have a full OBD2 port flash for the newer 2016 ECUs so it is clearly possible and normally once one tuner has it cracked the secret gets out and they all have it so not sure why no one else has released it yet??

Not seeing anything about mk7 on their website. Where did you hear that?

RedReplicant

Ready to race!

Their Facebook says for the 2016+ Golf-R, which has a different ECU than the GTI. So no, no OBD2 port flash for 2016 yet, or even a bench flash.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure the can do both, the encryption issue is the same across both the GTI and R newer 2016 ECUs.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
One of the electrical engineers from APR mentioned on Facebook yesterday they already have some 16's running a beta tune and not to expect much longer.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Don't hold it for too long, this is APR we are talking about, still could be another 6 months.
[emoji40] meant it as sarcasm. Actually waiting for a Tune that I can install and uninstall at home (ED, UNI, GIAC, UM). I figured once one company cracks it, it will be out for all the companies within weeks.

sean@apr1

Passed Driver's Ed
One of the electrical engineers from APR mentioned on Facebook yesterday they already have some 16's running a beta tune and not to expect much longer.

That was me. Yes, we've had beta cars out there for a few weeks now and it's looking good.

Assuming no problems pop up with those cars, we should have it out soon.