GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Locked ECU's how much longer??

Anyone have news about when this issue wil by sorted out?? Its a real pain in the ass. If GIAC can do it why can big Tuning Companies like APR etc still not have a sulution? And also the Flash tool makers like CMD and AlienTech? We were told months ago the issue wil be sorted within a few weeks and still nothing.? :mad::(

drrck

Go Kart Champion
It'll be done when someone has a breakthrough to solve whatever it is that VW did to prevent port flashing. GIAC as far as I know is not using port flashing, they are bench flashing, so that's why you need to send it in.

It could be weeks, and it could also be years before port flashing is available for 16+

It'll be done when someone has a breakthrough to solve whatever it is that VW did to prevent port flashing. GIAC as far as I know is not using port flashing, they are bench flashing, so that's why you need to send it in.

It could be weeks, and it could also be years before port flashing is available for 16+

They only need to open the ecu once, it can then be port flashed there after. I'm from South Africa, there is no GIAC dealer here that can help with that. If it was the case my ecu would've unlocked long time ago. I really don't understand why GIAC can sort it out but bigger tuning companies can't find a solution. If the ecu has to be opened, fine go for it. Most clients here is fine with the idea of port flashing.

VWGTI

Ready to race!
You can send it in to GIAC and they'll do the bench flash for $200 without the tune I think. After that, you should be able to load up any flash file you want with the port.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion

The process of unlocking these ECU's is known and available (depending on the tuner you choose) We are patiently waiting for APR to release their files, but we are not sure when this will happen. Good things are worth waiting for, so we are sitting here patiently. :cool:

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
From what I've read, GIAC doesn't actually have a working bench flash for these.

I got an email from GIAC, on Friday 6 Nov. They DO NOT have a Tune for the Post March 2015 ECU. (This INCLUDES the process of customers sending in ECU and opened as well)

Yes, at one point they thought the cracked the magical code and loaded it on a GTI, well, they NO longer can confirm it works 100%, and will not offer the tune untill it's error proof again.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Dynos prove you wrong.

lol dude JB will never get 380wtq, JB gets close to WHP numbers but the TQ is there the full software shines. and the if you run 93 you'll get 273/323.

if you add a DP and boost 5.0 the JB1 will come close to a stage 1 APR gti. there are many variables to this but a full tune is better in other ways than the JB1

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Here is stage 1 Eurodyne with 100oct

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
You can't compare dynos straight across. I'm not saying you're wrong about tune vs plugin unit. Also, that says stage 1.5 and 93 octane on the chart.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Flashes can run more boost for longer while keeping timing/fuel in check, they will make more power until a PNP can do something similar.

I have one of the faster JB1 cars at the moment, I took a ride in a Eurodyne Stage 2 v8.1 car and the car pulls super hard whereas the JB1 starts to lose steam quicker due to the stock boost curve.

Down low however the cars were the same more or less, the JB1 is a great unit for its price point and I really don't have any complaints with it. I was using it as a stop gap until the big flash tuners had a more mature product.

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
I agree. I'm on a JB1 and happy - until the IS38 swap is well documented and has a good flash tune. Additionally, my car only has 4000mi on it so I'm trying not to be too much of an idiot.