GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Phone not showing contacts

Tommyp

On my previous Golf when my mobile was synced with the car I could scroll through contacts in the small centre display screen ( between the rev counter and speedo)
Now when i am synced and press ok, no contacts show??
The main screen allows me and shows all my contacts but not the small centre one.
I always found it much easier to glance at the small one and scroll through the names. Have VW changed something?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
On my previous Golf when my mobile was synced with the car I could scroll through contacts in the small centre display screen ( between the rev counter and speedo)
Now when i am synced and press ok, no contacts show??
The main screen allows me and shows all my contacts but not the small centre one.
I always found it much easier to glance at the small one and scroll through the names. Have VW changed something?

It could be one of two things:

The centre display will only show contacts on recently made / received calls. You cannot access your phone's phone book on the centre display. I didn't have bluetooth on my MK6 so I can't say if the functionality has changed between the MK6 and MK7

You've clearly allowed the car bluetooth to access your phone but depending on what phone you are using you may need to authorise it to access your phone's call history as well.

Kia Orana

I had a mk6 with Bluetooth and just like you, I found it easier to access my contacts through the MFD than the rns510. I really miss that feature, I wonder why VW decided we were better off without it.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

David Lewis

Ready to race!
I had a mk6 with Bluetooth and just like you, I found it easier to access my contacts through the MFD than the rns510. I really miss that feature, I wonder why VW decided we were better off without it.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Probably for safety reasons? It can't be safe to scroll through your contacts list on the MFD whilst driving. If you are parked up then you can easily scroll through on the infotainment system.

Tommyp

Chris, it does show recent calls, which makes me wonder why show that and not contacts?
It has changed. It was possible to bring up your contacts and scroll through them.
I agree with you David and I can see the safety angle, although I fear it will have the opposite effect. Some may try to view or scroll through the infotainment system while driving. I feel the centre screen was still relatively safer like glancing at your speed etc.