GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD and lowering springs

Craigmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a photo of mine ready to get vwr springs fitted :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 7,148

daryl8007

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got spacers and VWR and had 4 people and kids stuff in boot with no rubbing at all. My front splitter can catch if not careful but that's it. Comfort is great. You will love it!

s7wag

Ready to race!
VWR springs fitted OEM 19" Santiagos 12mm/15mm space

VWR springs fitted today with 12mm/15mm spacers on the car.

Attachments

• VWRs fitted-3.jpg
    VWRs fitted-3.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 10,555
  • VWRs fitted-4.jpg
    VWRs fitted-4.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 5,964
Last edited:

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
That looks really clean Waggers! hows the drive?

s7wag

Ready to race!
Been pottering over the weekend and car is driving really well. I've been surprised as I was worried it would be too harsh with 19"'s BUT very composed and balanced, not really too much difference from OEM. I need to watch out for sleeping policeman and road-bumps with the front splitter but overall really pleased with result!

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Excellent! Did you fit the springs yourself?

s7wag

Ready to race!
Fitted VW OEM Front and Rear Mud Fplas

That looks great. You must be really pleased. What's next?!

Yes indeed - car looks great now!

So I've actual now done something that may be controversial with the forum drivers and fitted OEM front and rear mud-flaps! With the wheels/tyres sticking out further, post VWR and spacers, I thought it best to protect the side of the car from all of the dirt/stones/debris that has increased! I'm actually pleased with the look too and don't think they look out of place either, surprisingly :) !

Finally I've got to fit the 034 alloy dog-bone insert that I couldn't fit as I couldn't get OEM bolt un-done. Will need a ramp to get to it.....

Attachments

• Mufllaps-3.jpg
    Mufllaps-3.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 5,028
  • Mufllaps.jpg
    Mufllaps.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 4,824
  • Mufllaps-2.jpg
    Mufllaps-2.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 5,414
  • Mufllaps-4.jpg
    Mufllaps-4.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 4,983
Last edited:

Hammo72

Passed Driver's Ed
Love what you've done with the car Waggers (including mud flaps look good against white) tried looking through your posts for info on the Miltek and did you have to change rear valance etc but couldn't find any. Also where did you get your skull caps from.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Love what you've done with the car Waggers (including mud flaps look good against white) tried looking through your posts for info on the Miltek and did you have to change rear valance etc but couldn't find any. Also where did you get your skull caps from.

Hello my friend,

Couple of threads of interest related to exhaust. In short yes, with the twin GTI style exit you need to change the valence over to the OEM GTI valence. Costs around £75.00 from dealer.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9680
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8726

I'm really pleased with the mud-flaps too and I think go well on the white car and blending in with existing black lower parts. Probably need some plastic shine to apply to side skirts to make it look a bit more shiny to match though.

Carbon eye-brows from e-bay (china) for around £10.00. I've seen some others that are also a great fit but plain black plastic (you could hydro-dip or apply 3M carbon to).

Steve