GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
George,

With map 6 (when available) what specific settings would you recommend for users without any bolt ons that want to minimize timing pull and maximize performance safely; or are you still testing for this?

skian

Ready to race!
Your timing pull maybe due to crappy gas. Have you considered draining your tank dry and putting in race gas to confirm bad gas quality or false knock?
I have considered that. I wouldn't he surprised if the gas quality is bad. I always use shell 93 oct, you never know if your really getting 93. Ive also considered just adding 1 gal of e85 to see if that helps.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Made a slight adjustment, car seems to be a tad quicker.

Fuel Open Loop - 40

RPM PSI

1500 1 - May not do anything, need to test more.
2000 1.5
2500 2.5
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 4
4500 5.2 - Adjusted from 5
5000 5.2
5500 5.2
6000 5
6500 4.5
7000 4

skian

Ready to race!
Made a slight adjustment, car seems to be a tad quicker.

Fuel Open Loop - 40

RPM PSI

1500 1 - May not do anything, need to test more.
2000 1.5
2500 2.5
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 4
4500 5.2 - Adjusted from 5
5000 5.2
5500 5.2
6000 5
6500 4.5
7000 4
Did you log timing yet with those settings?

Z27

Ready to race!
George, will the map 6 possibly give lower end torque?

I love the JB1 when it comes to mid-range to high-range power but I feel like I need it more in the lower end.

Considering getting a tune since I do more city driving.

But overall the product is awesome only if I had more roads.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
So to clarify, if my map 6 has +5.4psi at its highest point (5500 rpm only) I am to raise the boost safety to +6psi??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes slightly more than the peak of the punched in numbers in the rpm section, we not certain which direction we going to go with. If users find map 6 more useful than map 1 we going to lock the boost curve in 1 and 2. When boost safety is reached in map 6 it will default to map 1 for safety reasons. The GTI or R does not over boost easily and only happens if there is extreme throttle closure. I need to decide in the next few days which way to go, either way we will have both firmware choices available so people can have the options to choose. Would also like to hear opinions of users of what works for them.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George, will the map 6 possibly give lower end torque?

I love the JB1 when it comes to mid-range to high-range power but I feel like I need it more in the lower end.

Considering getting a tune since I do more city driving.

But overall the product is awesome only if I had more roads.

You can dial in the boost you want low down. Map 6 is a custom map so the choices are yours since they are user adjustable settings.

Z27

Ready to race!
Is there a recommended setting or are you still at the testing stage?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Did you log timing yet with those settings?

Not yet, maybe tonight when I get off work I'll take it for a run.

I also have the CTS throttle pipe on now so that may play a factor as well.

don16

Ready to race!
Thanks George, So my max is +5.2 so I have adjusted boost safety to +5.3 is that correct?
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Z27

Ready to race!
You can dial in the boost you want low down. Map 6 is a custom map so the choices are yours since they are user adjustable settings.

When you officially release Map6, will it come with recommended/suggested settings?

Also, I'm still unclear what's the difference between JB1 and JB4 since the JB1 is very customizable.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
When you officially release Map6, will it come with recommended/suggested settings?

Also, I'm still unclear what's the difference between JB1 and JB4 since the JB1 is very customizable.

Yes we will give recommended settings.

The JB1 is a drop in the ocean in terms of customization. We are opening a lot of features on it though so that users can get practice for when the JB4 comes out and a understanding of how things work on their car.