GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuners!! Who is able to tune the latest 2015 Revision MK7 GTi, R S3 etc..????

So Recently here in SA we also discovered the that the newest 2015 Mk7 GTis and R ecu's are locked or something... no one is able to do Software upgrades.. We have been told that the comp that supply the tuning tools are working on the issue. Does anyone know anything or have any news about it?? It sucks and its beginning to come a problem for some tuners. The clients that was looking for a Software upgrade now rather goes some where else for a plug and play unit.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Correct, right now the only way to "tune" one of the newer ECU revisions is via JB1 or Neuspeed module.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
GIAC and APR can do it with a bench flash reportedly. APR is not offering this as a service, but GIAC is charging $200 if you send them your ECU.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
That's $200 on top of buying the GIAC tune. They will not unlock the ECU for you so you can then flash with Eurodyne for example.

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
That's $200 on top of buying the GIAC tune. They will not unlock the ECU for you so you can then flash with Eurodyne for example.

Our unlock permanently unlocks it. Assuming tuners can properly flash the new file types, they could potentially install software after the fact. Our software has quickly proven to be the most reliable option, in addition to being the most powerful one. I am not quite sure why someone would want to do that, but to each their own. That is the beauty of options.

714gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Our unlock permanently unlocks it. Assuming tuners can properly flash the new file types, they could potentially install software after the fact. Our software has quickly proven to be the most reliable option, in addition to being the most powerful one. I am not quite sure why someone would want to do that, but to each their own. That is the beauty of options.

I thought this was for the S3 and Golf R only?

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Austin,

Can my dealer lock my ECU with a flash update?

I think the answer is no, but I'd like to hear it from you.

I am taking my car in for 10k service tomorrow. I am flashed to stock software and will ask them not to update my ECU software, but I want to know how adamant (read paranoid) I need to be.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Some of the later build gti's are still able to be tuned. I sent austin a pic of my ecu number. He was going to find out if I could flash it or if I had to send it in.

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
Austin,

Can my dealer lock my ECU with a flash update?

I think the answer is no, but I'd like to hear it from you.

I am taking my car in for 10k service tomorrow. I am flashed to stock software and will ask them not to update my ECU software, but I want to know how adamant (read paranoid) I need to be.

No, they cannot.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
No, they cannot.

Thanks.

It would be really disappointing if all MK7 ECUs will require a bench flash going forward.

I would like to see VAG support the tuning community as other manurfactures have, eg Ford.