GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
From what I'm reading, with the optional cable you can increase it right?

BUT how do you know how much to do it (safely)?

PM sent too

How much boost should we run if we have 93 octane for the golf R?

If the boost is increased too far you will feel the car pulling back. The ECU safety measures are in place so it will pull timing and it will be noticeable.

On the 7R I run +5psi when on 93. The motor was meant to run on 93 standard so a lot of the power loss is due to octane hence you cannot jump the boost too much with the higher octane since it gains in stock form as well just by adding the octane.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Thinking about getting this JB PNP, but one concern,

will I be able to run it with an hybrid turbo? OR I need the JB4 for that?

If the hybrid is based on the GTI you will see some gains but to get maximum out of it you will have to wait for the JB4 or utilize a flash tune. If it based on the R turbo it is not compatible using the JB1.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
If the boost is increased too far you will feel the car pulling back. The ECU safety measures are in place so it will pull timing and it will be noticeable.

On the 7R I run +5psi when on 93. The motor was meant to run on 93 standard so a lot of the power loss is due to octane hence you cannot jump the boost too much with the higher octane since it gains in stock form as well just by adding the octane.
This post was good enough for me to jump from vortex to over here! With the jb1 can i run 93? In NY its all i have up here. very few places do i see 91. Also any reason as to why i should not get this and wait for jb4 i hear people mention alot? I have zero plans to install DPs,cats, etc. Maybe an intake but thats really it as its a lease

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Any chance for a group buy in the near future?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
This post was good enough for me to jump from vortex to over here! With the jb1 can i run 93? In NY its all i have up here. very few places do i see 91. Also any reason as to why i should not get this and wait for jb4 i hear people mention alot? I have zero plans to install DPs,cats, etc. Maybe an intake but thats really it as its a lease

Hi, you can run 93 with no necessary adjustment. If you want to maximize on it you can get the data cable and increase boost. For a stock motor car the JB4 will be a waist in terms of power only since its ultimate purpose is to maximize power safely and bolt on modifications are required for this. I do not foresee a power gain between the two for a car with no mods since we do not believe in over stressing a stock car.

Last edited:

Unclespud

Ready to race!
George,

Where I live, I can only get 91 octane, which would relegate me to Map 1. Since I can't use Map 2 (93 octane only), is there anything I can do to increase power on Map 1, such as an intake or exhaust?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
George, congratulations!!! Thanks for being such an awesome resource for us and the efforts to make this possible. I'm sure users will be VERY happy!

I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to wait for this day. Eurodyne got the better of me lol.

For those of you who've waited, enjoy and drive safe!

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George,

Where I live, I can only get 91 octane, which would relegate me to Map 1. Since I can't use Map 2 (93 octane only), is there anything I can do to increase power on Map 1, such as an intake or exhaust?

On 91 Octane with bolt on's you can increase the boost to 5.25. This dyno is using 91. The gains are over a bolt on car, you can see the power drops off at the top of the rev range, the difference with map two and 93 is it will maintain a straight line. With 91 we had tune in a boost drop at that rpm range which pretty much follows the stock curve down. Having the unit also be rpm referenced gives us a advantage of rpm control as well.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Hi, you can run 93 with no necessary adjustment. If you want to maximize on it you can get the data cable and increase boost. For a stock motor car the JB4 will be a waist in terms of power only since its ultimate purpose is to maximize power safely and bolt on modifications are required for this. I do not foresee a power gain between the two for a car with no mods since we do not believe in over stressing a stock car.
thank you so much!

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George,

The dyno below is with 91 octane on a FBO (full bolt on) car set at 5.25psi.

We run a conservative torque increase and boost taper at the top to accommodate for the lesser octane fuel so pretty decent power can be achieved by adding on hardware and using 91.

Last edited:

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Sorry for the stupid question... what is FBO?

What would be a safe boost level for a car with intake and catted full turboback exhaust on 91 octane? What estimated HP and torque would one expect?

The dyno below is with 91 octane on a FBO car.

We run a conservative torque increase and boost taper at the top to accommodate for the lesser octane fuel so pretty decent power can be achieved by adding on hardware and using 91.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry for the stupid question... what is FBO?

What would be a safe boost level for a car with intake and catted full turboback exhaust on 91 octane? What estimated HP and torque would one expect?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You can go up to +5.25. The dyno run before this one is what you can expect if the dyno you run on has a decent fan.