GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** The Official Beer Thread **

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
hmm............

Badger beers on the go since 1777 I think..........

I like every one except the Blandford flyer........

Or Innes & Gunn ..........their rum casked one is good

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Innes & Gunn is pretty good

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
Since you are from Deutschland, what was your favorite beer? I'm living here and I enjoy trying the hundreds of options that are available. Please don't say Veltins or Warsteiner lol.

Glad I found this thread. As a rule of thumb I stay away from hops. Can't stand the taste it gives in beers like IPA. I like the regular pale ale's, ale's and beers like Sam Adams Octoberfest, Cold Snap, and Summer Ale. I want to try them all eventually. Not into the Beers that have fruit in them (although SA Summer Ale has a bit of lemon in it). Also whats the deal with this chocolate beer??????? Anyway I have an expectation of what Beer is supposed to be since I'm from Germany, and all this esoteric stuff doesnt do it for me. We're lucky enough to have a Growlers To Go store in our neighborhood, and also I found two local breweries but havent tried them yet. Soon.........very soon. Guinness Blonde wasnt bad but the real stuff is a bit too malty for me. They roast the barley and it's a bit strong, but once in a while I'll have some.

Overall I like a full body beer with limited to no hop flavor and no fruity or chocolaty crap.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
My go to right now in this hot weather, is Unibroues Blonde de Chambly. I see it as a better version of Blue Moon. Which btw, I do like.

I also tried Curious Travelers Lemon Shandy, after seeing their commercials air all the time. Definitely a summer brew. It was good, but IMO the lemon flavor was sort of artificial tasting. It was a little too sweet for my liking.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
My go to right now in this hot weather, is Unibroues Blonde de Chambly. I see it as a better version of Blue Moon. Which btw, I do like.

I also tried Curious Travelers Lemon Shandy, after seeing their commercials air all the time. Definitely a summer brew. It was good, but IMO the lemon flavor was sort of artificial tasting. It was a little too sweet for my liking.

I just tried this beer for the first time last night. I bought it because my wife likes lemon shandys. It says it is naturally flavored, but who knows. What kinda threw us off is that we didn't realize that it also has lime flavor in there so its actually lemon lime.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Damn! I never noticed this thread! Speaking of craft beer, I brew all of my own beer!

Nothing in the primary nor secondary now
Kegs: CTZ Hopbomb (IPA), Citraweizen (Blood orange hefeweizen)
Bottled: Citraweizen, ChileHawk Chocolate Stout (Stout with roasted chilies)

This weekend I think I might brew my recipe that I have been working on for 3 years!!! CitraBlood IPA! Blood Orange session IPA.

I can post some pictures of the setup if anyone is interested.

carterruss

Ready to race!
BUD

:D No but I like some other craft beers but IPAs for me are just far to bitter.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Tried a new one today. Pretty refreshing Golden Ale.

Sent from my LG G4.

MeatCat

Ready to race!
MK7 Homebrewers Unite

Damn! I never noticed this thread! Speaking of craft beer, I brew all of my own beer!

Nothing in the primary nor secondary now
Kegs: CTZ Hopbomb (IPA), Citraweizen (Blood orange hefeweizen)
Bottled: Citraweizen, ChileHawk Chocolate Stout (Stout with roasted chilies)

This weekend I think I might brew my recipe that I have been working on for 3 years!!! CitraBlood IPA! Blood Orange session IPA.

I can post some pictures of the setup if anyone is interested.

Oh Snap! I'm a homebrewer too!
This is my BIAB setup snugly fitting in the back of my MK7.
Currently have an all Marris Otter and Summit Pale Ale on draft and I'll be rewing an American Smoked Stout (ASS Beer) this weekend. lol

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 693

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Nice!! I need to start Brewing again.

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Well it looks like I'm cracking into my chilled bottles of Cantillon this week. I don't want it to warm up during the move. I'll let you know how it goes.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Sweet. I had a pretty boring beer day. A couple Dogfish Head 90 Minutes. But that's one of my usual beers.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just found this thread! VERY nice selection. I always say light beer is for "beer drinkers" that don't like beer ;)

I live about 5 miles from Victory and my three year old loves going there (obviously she's not drinking the beer).

Sly Fox and Iron Hill are pretty close to me as well. Nice places too.

Oh, my coworker is in Ireland and she went to Guiness today!

I also have a case of Saison DuPont Belgian Farmhouse Ale and Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbeir in my fridge.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
There's an Iron Hill Brewery here in Delaware too. Unless that's the one you're referring to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk