GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Formula 1

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Hamilton (and his team) messed up. That's for sure. Gave that race away.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hamilton (and his team) messed up. That's for sure. Gave that race away.

Agreed! I'm a Lewis fan and definitely a bad call.

But he handled it quite well, I think, given the circumstances. Rosberg was the same last year in the last race when his car failed him in his attempt to challenge Hamilton.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'm a Jenson Button fan as far as Formula 1 goes. But I also like most other forms of car racing just as much. Indy Car, ALMS, LeMans, NASCAR...

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'm a Jenson Button fan as far as Formula 1 goes. But I also like most other forms of car racing just as much. Indy Car, ALMS, LeMans, NASCAR...

I was a Jenson fan during his Brawn year + the few Macca years. So smooth and no drama, but not the all-out racer like some others.

Verstappen is a freak of nature! And he's not even legally allowed to drink :O

DoMk7

Ready to race!
Hamilton handled it like a pro but was totally screwed over today! He drove fantastic today and deserved to win but hey things happen and it didn't work out for him today.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I was a Jenson fan during his Brawn year + the few Macca years. So smooth and no drama, but not the all-out racer like some others.

Verstappen is a freak of nature! And he's not even legally allowed to drink :O

He showed his immaturity today too. But he's young, he will learn.

DoMk7

Ready to race!
He showed his immaturity today too. But he's young, he will learn.

He is going to be fun to watch over the next few years. He was driving so aggressive today, i love to see it! Glad to see him walk away okay after going head first into that barrier on turn 1

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
He is going to be fun to watch over the next few years. He was driving so aggressive today, i love to see it! Glad to see him walk away okay after going head first into that barrier on turn 1

Yeah, that was rough. I actually jumped back as I was watching it live on TV.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Yeah, that was rough. I actually jumped back as I was watching it live on TV.

I did too and woke my fiancé up haha.

Re: Verstappen. They all went through that. Remember Lewis' immature years with McLaren? Alonso was an ass after he left Renault as double world champion and Hamilton challenged him in his debut year. Vettel's Multi 21 saga lol. One of my life inspirations is Senna and I will even admit he was an ass on the track sometimes. Max will just get better over the years and I'm happy we get to see him grow into a champion. His overtakes are gutsy, well-timed and simply amazing to watch especially knowing he's only 17.

The only guy who was never this immature was Button. Mainly coz his BAR/Honda sucked so much haha.

Last edited:

Resolute Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
These grid penalties are getting annoying. It's such a double edge sword. You wanna just see the drivers battle it out and not see them getting punished for mistakes from the garage but at the same time they're all on the same team so they win and lose as a team. Argh!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
it's such a new power unit that mistakes are bound to happen.

I'm torn about refuelling. I want it back so they can just go nuts between stints, but I'm all for safety as well.

Austria was one of the most boring races I've seen except maybe when towards the end when Seb closed the gap to Massa in the final laps. The leaders lapped the midfield twice :O

Resolute Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
The crash with Alonso and Kimi was pretty interesting.

I dunno how I feel about refueling. Yeah they may be able to push harder but you still have this pesky tire management to deal with. I wish the compounds were built where the drivers can just push as hard as they can without needing to worry about managing their tiers. It's gotten to the point where folks start pointing out and appreciating how well a driver can manage tires more than their speed. That's not why I watch F1. I wanna see balls to the wall, pushing hard every lap kind of racing.

What I do know how I feel is this strategy group is a joke and needs to be disbanded.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
The crash with Alonso and Kimi was pretty interesting.

I dunno how I feel about refueling. Yeah they may be able to push harder but you still have this pesky tire management to deal with. I wish the compounds were built where the drivers can just push as hard as they can without needing to worry about managing their tiers. It's gotten to the point where folks start pointing out and appreciating how well a driver can manage tires more than their speed. That's not why I watch F1. I wanna see balls to the wall, pushing hard every lap kind of racing.

What I do know how I feel is this strategy group is a joke and needs to be disbanded.

Yeah, forgot bout the Alonso/Iceman pile up. Unless proven otherwise (by CCTV), it's a racing incident.

Yes, the tire management is stupid. Bernie is the one who should go. He asked Pirelli for the shit tires. Michelin should come back and Brawn should run F1 lol.

That said, imagine how exciting Max will be with stronger tires, more experience and a better car. And he's not even drinking age!!!

Resolute Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
That kid is unreal. Him and his teammate actually, both just kids really but especially Max. His dad must really be giving him some great advice because I respected the way he defended himself against Massa during that press conference. Did you remember that one? Kid turned it on him saying he should have looked at last year's race (Massa incident). OH!!! LOL!

Yeah, Bernie needs to pack it up already. The sport needs different management for sure. The strategy group is definitely something that's not working and needs heavy changes or just removed completely. Every team has their own motivations and they'll never agree to keep things even.

Micheline is submitting their bids next month so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I kinda fancy a tire war. ;)

Your predictions for Silverstone? Hamilton will be extra motivated.