GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found a unicorn, is it worth it (Gti s w/ PP And DCC)

Shifty6

Ready to race!
You misunderstand. I was saying you can only get DCC if you have the performance pack on a GTI. I thought that if you get PP, then you can get DCC no matter what the trim level. Looks as though I could be wrong?

I hear you. I just ordered a PP on an S trim. DCC is not available with the S trim is what I was getting at. That is what makes this car so weird. It is an S trim but has DCC. I think you can get DCC with or with out PP on the SE or Autobahn.

catdog1

Passed Driver's Ed
I hear you. I just ordered a PP on an S trim. DCC is not available with the S trim is what I was getting at. That is what makes this car so weird. It is an S trim but has DCC. I think you can get DCC with or with out PP on the SE or Autobahn.

I have a manual S with DCC and PP and LP, with the plaid cloth/no sunroof.
Car is a blast to drive, the DCC makes it awesome because you can make it comfortable over bumps and then switch it to sportier when needed. The diff is cool because you get on throttle in mid-corner and it bites instead of just understeering. The brakes complete the package. I would recommend it if you are into performance driving. Sometimes i miss a sunroof and fancier sound system etc. but then value proposition becomes less compelling...in summary, love the car

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I have a manual S with DCC and PP and LP, with the plaid cloth/no sunroof.
Car is a blast to drive, the DCC makes it awesome because you can make it comfortable over bumps and then switch it to sportier when needed. The diff is cool because you get on throttle in mid-corner and it bites instead of just understeering. The brakes complete the package. I would recommend it if you are into performance driving. Sometimes i miss a sunroof and fancier sound system etc. but then value proposition becomes less compelling...in summary, love the car

My thoughts exactly. This is the sweet spot for the GTI imho. If you start adding everything else and get a loaded car, it's going to be closer to $35k. Had I gotten a GTI, it would have been like yours. I would have wanted all the bells and whistles though, which is why I went for the R. Also I've been wanting an R for like 8 years since i drove a MkV R32 and then alot more when the MkVI R came out.

VDUB725

Ready to race!
I don't know anything about the DCC but I do know that I passed up a PP S with the LP to get a bad no options manual. I couldn't justify that additional thousands of dollars. My Pre sales tax price was sub $23,700ish. I believe no options manuals are under 3,000 lbs. How much weight does the DCC add?

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
That's a good price. 2 door or 4 door?

Shifty6

Ready to race!
That is the same car I got ( S trim, man, LP, PP) only no DCC. VW shows you can't get it on the S, but I have heard of a few now that have it. Weird.

EricM

Passed Driver's Ed
Why is my dealer saying you can't get DCC in the S trim? This would save me a lot of cash if I can stick with the S.

Mike10821

Passed Driver's Ed
Why is my dealer saying you can't get DCC in the S trim? This would save me a lot of cash if I can stick with the S.

Technically, you can't. VW has always stated that you can get PP on any trim level, and on top of PP, you can add DCC to SE and Autobahn only. However, earlier on, the ordering system was "allowing" dealers to place orders for S cars with PP and DCC. A small amount of those were actually built, and that is why OP is calling it a "unicorn". VW has since "fixed the glitch", and therefore you are going to have to be very very lucky to find an S w/ PP and DCC that has not yet been snatched up (if that is what you want). Personally I went with an SE PP/LP/DCC and couldn't be happier. The DCC is really awesome in Comfort mode while commuting.