GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed RSe10 18"

myke1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 SE DSG|19 STI WP
I went ahead and asked Neuspeed about it and they told me that I may have rubbing issues with 245 width tires, specifically at the track with stock suspension under heavy turning. They suggested a fender mod would probably do the trick, though.

The bottom line is, I'll probably end up with 235's cuz I don't want the headache.

Absolutely, I'm in the exact situation you are in-I am settling for 18x8 with 235's. Should be good for track use.

What will help before coilovers/sway bars are Chassis bracing and light weight wheels. I am waiting for someone to release quality front/rear mount bracing.

BTW- great track videos.

Good luck

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
I went ahead and asked Neuspeed about it and they told me that I may have rubbing issues with 245 width tires, specifically at the track with stock suspension under heavy turning. They suggested a fender mod would probably do the trick, though.

The bottom line is, I'll probably end up with 235's cuz I don't want the headache.

We run 19x8.5 235/35's on our GTI right now and it is tight

specs/photos
https://www.moddedeuros.com/r/project-mk7-gti

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
Got mine in today.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Aren't the wheels on your car 35 offset though not 45 offset that would make a differences in fit. Btw thank you for the great deal on the the RSe10 I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea ill see if i can throw our 19x9 rse10's et 40 on the mk7 monday and snap some photos

KO7

Ready to race!
yea ill see if i can throw our 19x9 rse10's et 40 on the mk7 monday and snap some photos

You guys also have a sepang blue S3 on RSE10s? Forgot if those wheels are gunmetal or bronze.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

AR11

Ready to race!
Damn the silver looks SHARP. Especially nice on the R where the finish closely matches the rear view mirror covers.

AR11

Ready to race!
235 vs 245 on 8.5" wheel

Fender rubbing:

The 235/40 Michelin PSS just barely contacts the fender (mounted on 8.5" wheel) leaving a faint ring of scuffing where the lettering is. This isn't the audible, problematic rubbing that most people consider "rubbing". I consider it acceptable but it is a good indication that 235 is approximately the limit. This wear is not shown in the picture below.

Other wear considerations:

After 2 days on track my 235s looked like this. What you're seeing is not fender rubbing but rather wear from the tire rolling over. 235 is slightly stretched on the 8.5" wheel and I think this contributes to the degree to which the wear goes beyond the tread blocks.

I'm still using this set up as-is but thing the issue could be improved by using camber plates and a 245. The 245 will have more square sidewalls and the camber plates will both allow clearance and help out with the rolling through added negative camber. Ground control has a design for the mk6 that allows adjustment without removing the strut but they haven't released a plate for the mk7 yet. I've been pestering them via email and they suggest it is close.

TLDR: 235 is the best fit without altering camber but 245 might be ideal with enough camber to clear.