Status
Not open for further replies.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

deannn101

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes but it will take so long [emoji37] and even longer since its shipping to Germany through APO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieG

Passed Driver's Ed
BFI DSG Shift Knob

I took my car in for the 10,000 mile service yesterday. I had to point out to the service writers "yes that really is a DSG shifter". I showed them how it works and they were really impressed with the looks and how smooth the action is. They thought it looked even better than the manual (stock) shifter. So, it was a big hit.
Then it was time for the older gentleman (I call him older but hell I'm 57 :)) who moves the cars around on the lot to take the car into the service bay. He couldn't figure out how the shifter worked (all he did was look at it, he wouldn't touch it) and refused to move the car. The service writer had to drive the car into the service bay.
Oh well, you can't make everyone happy...I can live with that.
I've had the shifter on for 7 weeks now and I'm still loving it.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Im having a little trouble with the install. Specifically I cant seem to get the clamp very tight to secure the knob to the boot. The knob can still turn freely. Is that ok and will the set screws nake it more secure or does the clamp need to be very firm around the boot/knob?

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Im having a little trouble with the install. Specifically I cant seem to get the clamp very tight to secure the knob to the boot. The knob can still turn freely. Is that ok and will the set screws nake it more secure or does the clamp need to be very firm around the boot/knob?

If you use a pair of pliers it's a bit easier to get that clap tighter. The set screws need to be tightened pretty snug as well, which could be the issue you're having. If you have any more issues feel free to shoot us an email to sales@blackforestindustries.com

Status
Not open for further replies.