GOLFMKV

BFI - Heavy Weight Shift Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrunts

08 Rabbit
Car(s)
mk7 Golf R
I have one of the blue alcantara gs2 knobs...

Any way to remove a coin that has been stuck to the knob using the adhesive? I'd like to switch out it out, but I'm not sure the best method of getting the old one out...

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
I have one of the blue alcantara gs2 knobs...

Any way to remove a coin that has been stuck to the knob using the adhesive? I'd like to switch out it out, but I'm not sure the best method of getting the old one out...

Our best recommendation is to slightly heat the coin and then use your thumb to slide it as far to one side as possible, you can then use an xacto blade to pry it out. We would recommend putting a piece of blue tape around the area where you are prying to prevent scratches etc.

CharlieG

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay!
I received an email today telling me my DSG shift knob has shipped.
I've just started a project at work and will be putting in 12 or 13 hour days (plus an hour commute each way) with no day off until October 30.
So it will come in and I'll just look at the box each night when I get home.
Oh well, it'll be that much sweeter when I finally get to install it!

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Just curious about the "DSG shifter"...I have a 2015 Golf SEL 1.8T w/ the 6 speed automatic, will your shifter fit my car as well?

• 2015 VW Golf SEL1.8L TSI w/ LP •

CharlieG

Passed Driver's Ed
Still Looking at Box

Okay!
I received an email today telling me my DSG shift knob has shipped.
I've just started a project at work and will be putting in 12 or 13 hour days (plus an hour commute each way) with no day off until October 30.
So it will come in and I'll just look at the box each night when I get home.
Oh well, it'll be that much sweeter when I finally get to install it!

Well my DSG shift knob came in last Tuesday (the 15th) :)
Still working crazy long days and can't install it (won't get to install it until early November) :mad:
Sometimes life gets in the way of living :(

ImAuthenticFTW1

Passed Driver's Ed
Planning on ordering when I get paid Friday, I have a dsg gti and am looking at the all black alcantra, what's the difference in gs1 and gs2? Sorry if it's been covered already in here.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Took time to drop into BFI today and personally and check out the shop. They were kind enough to show me around the 1.8 golf mk7 project car as i wanted to hear the sound matrix speakers. Picked up a shift knob before i left. ill post pics when i get it installed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.