GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Are you taking about the short cover? I was able to order it on e-acca, and i live in the US.

I'm dumb.

I was looking at that post assuming we needed the short cover not the passat one

3C0 501 713 A

Is the one I need.

I was trying to find
1K0 501 713D

oops

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm dumb.

I was looking at that post assuming we needed the short cover not the passat one

3C0 501 713 A

Is the one I need.

I was trying to find
1K0 501 713D

oops

err????….:confused:

The exhaust will most certainly foul the tray..which is why I recommend the short mk6 cover for the hatch....the estate has more room so the exhaust routes differently through the subframe & thus we can fit the Passat long cover...

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
err????….:confused:

The exhaust will most certainly foul the tray..which is why I recommend the short mk6 cover for the hatch....the estate has more room so the exhaust routes differently through the subframe & thus we can fit the Passat long cover...

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I can't seem to be able to find that part online. I've found all of them on e-acca except that one .

that or I am doing a bad job at interneting this week

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I had to remove the added aero panel behind the gas tank to install the rear diffuser, but it looks like panel will fit with some trimming.

I think that's as flat as I'm going to get, thanks again Dave for posting these parts

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I had to remove the added aero panel behind the gas tank to install the rear diffuser, but it looks like panel will fit with some trimming.

I think that's as flat as I'm going to get, thanks again Dave for posting these parts

That good...

I see you have scrape marks on the diffuser fins...steep slopes/ramps??...

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
That good...

I see you have scrape marks on the diffuser fins...steep slopes/ramps??...
Unfortunately it can happen at my driveway if I take the wrong angle. No other issues over the last several thousand miles and it feels great at higher speeds

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Hello

Finally back on the forum after a good while away

Nearly at 60,000 miles on the car, of which over 50,000 miles have been with the complete under body coverage GolfDave has helped everyone with and the panel I created - I've had no problems with heat just to back track regarding covering the large mid section of the exhaust tunnel. To mention also that I don't have a mid silencer as its a TDI.

As my warranty is nearly up im thinking of deleting the rear back box as it is a large weight that I feel isn't needed on the car. I have a friend with the same car but as the larger output GTD. She has deleted the rear back box with no real increase in sound, which is something im not looking to increase.
Due to this I want to mention the possibility of adding the 5E0825205C panel of which covers the final cavity behind the bumper around the exhaust exit.

My thoughts for needing this is because the existing back box is very large, has a smooth underside and fills the void. This panel would cover the area and I would be able to get my exhaust guy to pass the exhaust through the area and out of the predetermined exit cut out without any heat troubles.

Thanks for any help
Connor

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Due to this I want to mention the possibility of adding the 5E0825205C panel of which covers the final cavity behind the bumper around the exhaust exit.

Thanks for any help
Connor

This is the panel from the MK3 Octavia...& yes I had looked at it...…

In my inspection of the parts the Skoda bumper hangs lower & is deeper than the Golf one..so it is easier to cover the exhaust back box with a aero tray as they have done...on my 1.4 the exhaust hangs too low & I think the bumper is a different shape underside etc....

However if you find a tray & it fits & it works let us know!!!

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

So I purchased the exhaust exit undertray today and offered it up to see which mounting points will locate as intended and the best way for me to show is with an annotated picture.
The two holes marked in red don’t have an exact mounting point but the three blue holes are perfect.
Now I have this I may use the power of the internet to double check for a possible alternative as I had two part numbers to choose from. ( just the letter at the end was different)
I had a feeling this was possibly one with the aluminium shielding and one without.

I’ll keep things up dated
Connor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IRONICK

No other issues over the last several thousand miles and it feels great at higher speeds

You have a problem with the diffuser, but you don't feel it.
The diffuser must have a specific angle for each type of body (hatch, sedan, estate etc), but the ones from VERUS make them all with a single angle.
Yours only reduces the turbulence in the back, does not decrease the drag and increase the negative lift.

Attachments

• etc.jpg
    etc.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
Anyone install an OEM skid plate on an 18+ Golf R DSG? I remember reading about some issues somewhere about fitment with the DQ381.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I thought the full length ones listed here work as its the same MQB set-up....????