GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well, I went into the dealership today and the sales manager offered me full MSRP.

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
Has anyone gotten a good deal on a '19 Golf Sportwagen S 4motion on here? DSG or MT - I've been looking for some time. Some people on FaceBook are claiming to have gotten over $6500 off sticker on a brand new '19, however the best deal I've found nationwide on one is $5200 and it's here in Seattle.

If I can get $6500 off MSRP I'm going to commit to one.

Thanks!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
5200 sounds like good deal...travelling out of state would be $500 plus of that money. Especially for a uncommon car. If you like it consider getting that one

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
5200 sounds like good deal...travelling out of state would be $500 plus of that money. Especially for a uncommon car. If you like it consider getting that one

It's not a bad price. It's not my ideal color (gray) - in a perfect world it'd be a white silver DSG w Drivers Assistance package. If I don't find anything cheaper than that in October I'll probably end up buying at that price.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Happy to report that I finally got a GTI!
Paid $29,460.22 OTD in VA for a 2019 GTI SE DSG w/ Experience package.
I also had a $500 partner program discount, I have to finance through VW, but will pay off the car in 3 months as they requested.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I also had a $500 partner program discount, I have to finance through VW, but will pay off the car in 3 months as they requested.

Good deal. How does the partner program work?

Ninjastyle

Passed Driver's Ed
Good deal. How does the partner program work?

There should be a thread somewhere around here. Basically if you join a partner organization or work for a partner organization (there’s a list, just google for “VW partner program”) then you get $500 off invoice OR $500 off the lowest negotiated price. If you don’t work for a partner org, easiest way to join is to sign up for a membership with Sports Car Assn of America for like $75 (or something like that). I think one of the other easy ways to get in is to join some cycling club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There should be a thread somewhere around here. Basically if you join a partner organization or work for a partner organization (there’s a list, just google for “VW partner program”) then you get $500 off invoice OR $500 off the lowest negotiated price. If you don’t work for a partner org, easiest way to join is to sign up for a membership with Sports Car Assn of America for like $75 (or something like that). I think one of the other easy ways to get in is to join some cycling club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Congrats and thats a great deal.

Looks like the dealer reduced $1000 from your previous report. Is this a different dealer or the same dealer reduced the price over time.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Congrats and thats a great deal.

Looks like the dealer reduced $1000 from your previous report. Is this a different dealer or the same dealer reduced the price over time.

It's the same dealer. From when I last posted I didn't start my new job (partner program now applied) and I went in with the intention of beating that value ($29,960) by at least $300 since it was the end of the month and just offered $29,460 and they took it without hesitation. I think I could've got another $100-200 off, but this is the best deal I've seen here and have heard anywhere else. My insurance is much cheaper because of the safety features so it even'ed out in the end

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I will be buying a new car sometime soon, curious, do you guys ever make an order for what you want vs. whats at the dealer and still get the discounts/price you want? Seems to me just ordering a car fresh for yourself from factory seems like it would be worth it since your spending so much.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I will be buying a new car sometime soon, curious, do you guys ever make an order for what you want vs. whats at the dealer and still get the discounts/price you want? Seems to me just ordering a car fresh for yourself from factory seems like it would be worth it since your spending so much.

All of my vehicles except GTIs have been factory ordered. I dont see a need for ordering a GTI as there isnt many options to choose from and all combinations of these vehicles can be found in dealer lots. Moreover, dealers offer great deals on vehicles in their inventory and i am not sure if similar deals are possible with factory order.