GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Billy231

Hello all, new member here and former 2x TDI owner. I think I scored the last 2017 leftover Pure White Sport GTI in the country and with options MSRP was $30,315 (monster mats, roadside kit, wheel locks) and with dealer incentives and personal discounts down to $24,015. I like this car and had the goodies I was looking for, another dealer had a 2017 Autobahn loaded up that I was about to jump on but felt they were playing hardball @$30,500 so gave them the opportunity to do better and then I walked to get the Sport someplace else and then 2 weeks later the salesman calls me and says we still have the Autobahn for $28,500- the $1k discount on my end gets it for $27,500. sadly my Sport was locked in already but didn't feel the need to spend the extra money to get leather and the DCC which would have been nice feature. Dealers suck! always a game to be played and never easy nor quick..
Glad to be here within the community now!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hello all, new member here and former 2x TDI owner. I think I scored the last 2017 leftover Pure White Sport GTI in the country and with options MSRP was $30,315 (monster mats, roadside kit, wheel locks) and with dealer incentives and personal discounts down to $24,015. I like this car and had the goodies I was looking for, another dealer had a 2017 Autobahn loaded up that I was about to jump on but felt they were playing hardball @$30,500 so gave them the opportunity to do better and then I walked to get the Sport someplace else and then 2 weeks later the salesman calls me and says we still have the Autobahn for $28,500- the $1k discount on my end gets it for $27,500. sadly my Sport was locked in already but didn't feel the need to spend the extra money to get leather and the DCC which would have been nice feature. Dealers suck! always a game to be played and never easy nor quick..
Glad to be here within the community now!

You did good. The Autobahn isn't worth $3,500 over the Sport IMO.

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Just went to a local VW to see a CPO 2017 GTI S with DSG tranny with only 5600 miles. Taking a look at the Carfax report I see that it was a fleet vehicle. Took it for test drive and everything seemed fine with car exterior and interior was in mint condition. Should I be worried about potentially any issues with a fleet car ? Selling price was $21498 before taxes, tag and fees.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Just went to a local VW to see a CPO 2017 GTI S with DSG tranny with only 5600 miles. Taking a look at the Carfax report I see that it was a fleet vehicle. Took it for test drive and everything seemed fine with car exterior and interior was in mint condition. Should I be worried about potentially any issues with a fleet car ? Selling price was $21498 before taxes, tag and fees.

I *THINK* fleet means lease?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

I'm more worried that you want to pay more for a used fleet 2017 than people were paying for a new one last year......

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm more worried that you want to pay more for a used fleet 2017 than people were paying for a new one last year......

Your right you said it “last year”when the 2018’s either were dropping soon or already out. Different scenario now as you can’t find hardly any leftover 2017’s anymore if you do most are in colors that I wouldn’t like or are a Manual tranny. So either I wait till the fall when the cycle repeats itself or continue searching for that magic deal for a 2018 model with DSG tranny :cool:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Or buy new for 20k?

No disrespect but where are you getting numbers for a brand new 2018 GTI for 20k ? Unless its a leftover 2017 with 6speed tranny ? In my area 2018's with a DSG are selling for $24500 plus taxes, plate and fee's. Even the 2018's 6speed manuals are selling for like $23800 plus taxes, tag and fees.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
No disrespect but where are you getting numbers for a brand new 2018 GTI for 20k ? Unless its a leftover 2017 with 6speed tranny ? In my area 2018's with a DSG are selling for $24500 plus taxes, plate and fee's. Even the 2018's 6speed manuals are selling for like $23800 plus taxes, tag and fees.
Did you even click the links? They are both mk7 gti's.

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
I sure did and both cars are used which one of them has like 84k miles lol. I was referring to you saying “ or buy a new one for 20k “ Where are you finding new GTI’s for $20k ?

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Pricing is deff region dependant. As I was saying before you ain’t finding any 2018’s for no less than $23800 at selling price not including tax, tag and fees and thats for 6speed manual the lowest I seen a 2018 DSG in my area selling for has been around $24400 that selling price of course. You can find leftover 2017’s especially 6 speeds between $21k and $22k much harder to find a leftover DSG Gti. I am getting my 2018 Gti S DSG tomorrow in black pearl wanted the SE but can’t swing the payment jump that it would have been. Either way I am happy finally get my Gti.