GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thank God I was in the Golf

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
So I'm writing this thread to give you all confidence in a very safe car.

I was driving this morning in very poor conditions. Long story short. The car saved my life. Car does not look to good :-(.

Will give a full account later.

Rappy :-(

James75

Go Kart Champion
So I'm writing this thread to give you all confidence in a very safe car.

I was driving this morning in very poor conditions. Long story short. The car saved my life. Car does not look to good :-(.

Will give a full account later.

Sorry to hear that mate

Hope you're okay

James

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Hope all is well, thank god your alright man.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Right, here we go....

My wife said to me not to go to work today due to 3"of snow.

Main roads were clear although they were very slippy. I was following a Smart car down a country lane. Due to the conditions, we were not travelling at more than 40 mph.

We were on a straight road, when a car skidded out of a side road into are road of travel. The Smart car swerved around him & nearly hit a car head on coming in the other direction.

I decided to swerve left down the side road, which resulted in my car sliding side ways into his car. Drivers window smashed then car slid into a ditch and landed on the drivers side.

All air bags deployed. Apart from a broken rib & bruising, I live to see another day.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
The guy that was at fault was only 21 & very inexperienced. The other driver stopped & gave him a load of verbal. He was driving a brand new Mitsubishi Shogun. TBH the Golf held up pretty well. The police had said if the car never had the numerous airbags, I may not be here.

Not a great start to 2015.

James75

Go Kart Champion
The guy that was at fault was only 21 & very inexperienced. The other driver stopped & gave him a load of verbal. He was driving a brand new Mitsubishi Shogun. TBH the Golf held up pretty well. The police had said if the car never had the numerous airbags, I may not be here.

Not a great start to 2015.

I know - it's pretty shitty but you're okay - shook up no doubt.

Is the Golf salvageable ?

It's a problem, inexperienced drivers. I'd limit the bhp new drivers can have and the types of cars they have... but that's another debate.

At least you're okay.

James

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Right, here we go....

My wife said to me not to go to work today due to 3"of snow.

Main roads were clear although they were very slippy. I was following a Smart car down a country lane. Due to the conditions, we were not travelling at more than 40 mph.

We were on a straight road, when a car skidded out of a side road into are road of travel. The Smart car swerved around him & nearly hit a car head on coming in the other direction.

I decided to swerve left down the side road, which resulted in my car sliding side ways into his car. Drivers window smashed then car slid into a ditch and landed on the drivers side.

All air bags deployed. Apart from a broken rib & bruising, I live to see another day.

Yikes!

I reluctantly drove to work, fortunately I am one road off a B road, however there was a guy in a van in front tearing it down the dual carraigeway, luckily he turned off our route , I saw an incident on the was back at birchfield road trinity road junction, police and ambulance in presence.I will be bringing my pc home to work from home in adverse weather conditions.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
https://i.imgflip.com/ae5ma.gif

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
The car did its job and you are alive, I would call that a great day actually.

carl s

Ready to race!
The car did its job and you are alive, I would call that a great day actually.

Very good point, good to hear you are OK. Would winter tyres have helped at all do you think?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
'Kin heck, or words to that effect. Seems the car saved you dude, which to be honest, is one reason we own a Golf as we know it will protect us probably more than other cars in the same class. Brush yourself down and start again, with a big "phew !" though....