GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Ok dubbers I want to start a thread on here that just about every other forum has. Aggressive wheel fitments on the mk7 platform. Alot of people on here dont know about fitments and what can and cant be done.

PLEASE KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF lets respect each other as a community there are different types of owners, with different types of objectives with their vehicles. Lets keep this fun, light and informative.

So lets keep it simple, and I know we wont have many posts at first but this should start to grow over time and help many people out. I'll start first, please copy my formatting so we can keep this uniform.

wheels:
3 piece cor forged classics
18x9 et27 square set up with 1" rear spacers
215/40/18 tires

suspension:
BCRacing extreme low coilovers

FTG (fender to ground) measurement: unknown

Last edited:

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Found on the web

Wheels as stated by owner:
3 piece rotiform
19x8.5 et56 front
19x8.5 et33 rear
215/35/19 tires

suspension: Air ride

FTG measurement uknown.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Stolen from vortex:
Avant Garde M580 in red. 20x8.5 ET35. 225/30.

Suspension: Accuair Air ride

FTG: Unknown

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
You wrote "Aggressive wheel fitments on the mk7 platform. Alot of people on here dont know about fitments and what can and cant be done.

PLEASE KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF lets respect each other as a community there are different types of owners, with different types of objectives with their vehicles. Lets keep this fun, light and informative."

Which seems to contradict itself.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
You wrote "Aggressive wheel fitments on the mk7 platform. Alot of people on here dont know about fitments and what can and cant be done.

PLEASE KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF lets respect each other as a community there are different types of owners, with different types of objectives with their vehicles. Lets keep this fun, light and informative."

Which seems to contradict itself.

Im sorry I don't see the contradiction. There are many people on here who do not know what fits and are going with standard sizes. This thread is for the customizers, and the people willing to run wider wheels, with lower offsets than the usual we have been seeing.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Im sorry I don't see the contradiction. There are many people on here who do not know what fits and are going with standard sizes. This thread is for the customizers, and the people willing to run wider wheels, with lower offsets than the usual we have been seeing.

Of course you won't see the contradiction.
I would have thought the customizers are already aware, so they wouldn't be commenting negatively in any case :eek:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Is the offset listed for your car a typo? Are you running negative camber in the front? Thanks. I've been on the fence about wheels since I got the car in August by I may be picking up a temporary set next weekend.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Is the offset listed for your car a typo? Are you running negative camber in the front? Thanks. I've been on the fence about wheels since I got the car in August by I may be picking up a temporary set next weekend.

Nope no negative camber up front at all, and actually very little on the rear. I will be however running more negative camber on the rear next week so that I can go a bit lower.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Not negative just questions:
Are the cars still drivable? I assume they are on bags and can be lifted to drive?
Are the wheel wells removed to make room for tires?
How does ride compare to stock?
Slight negative: Does it hurt you doing that to an R?
I could see a Gulf or GTI but an R?

Last edited:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
just wait till bruce comes in here like...do not lower your cars you idiots! or put 215's on a 9 :D lol
You missed my intention. I won't comment on vdubpwr's car as this is his thread, and you already
know my opinion, as he does. This isn't the place. Some like slammed cars, some/most don't. ;)

Nope no negative camber up front at all, ....
Any Golf etc. comes with negative camber on front from factory, and it'll increase inevitably with
lowering. It's probably somewhere around -1°20' slammed. Less than you'll have on rear, but
it's still there.

That's not a comment, just a clarification. :D

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Not negative just question:
Are the cars still drivable? I assume they are on bags and can be lifted to drive?
Are the wheel wells removed to make room for tires?
How does ride compare to stock?
Slight negative: Does it hurt you doing that to an R?
I could see a Gulf or GTI but an R?

The r is on bags so yes you can lift it up before driving. Mine is not, it drives at that height and no I have not removed anything just one screw inside the fender for about 3mm of clearance.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Any Golf etc. comes with negative camber on front from factory, and it'll increase inevitably with
lowering. It's probably somewhere around -1°20' slammed. Less than you'll have on rear, but
it's still there.

That's not a comment, just a clarification. :D

Bruce you are 100% correct. When you lower a car it does camber, what I meant is I have no additional camber. I didnt adjust for more in the front nor the rear, just what the suspension did naturally, the car has yet to be aligned. Should be done by this next coming week.

With that said I will be running more negative camber, and lowering the rear more.

tg87

I'm looking at some 19x8.5 +32 BBS wheels for my GTI. It will be lowered on VWR or H&R springs. Am I going to need spacers for these to sit flush? Anyone know?