GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VWR springs in setups in here

SilverBulletGTI

Last of the suspension mods. Enkei wheels with 45mm offset, 5mm spacers for rear only, ST Suspension anti-sway bar, VWR Springs, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and today was the alignment after patiently waiting a few weeks for things to settle. Toe was definitely out from lowering and required alignment to bring back to specification.

niiiiiiiiiiice!!! wheels look tight :cool:

MK7250

I'm looking to lower my Golf 1.8T (automatic) using the VWR spring kit. Is the correct Part #: VWR31G7ML for the GOLF7 1.8T ?

http://store.concept1.ca/Racingline-Sport-Springs-MK7-Golf-1.8T-(VWR31G7ML)-VWR31G7ML/

I ordered those from concept1 but the box is miss labeled for TDI with some chicken scratch written on it, kind of confusing. I was planning on having them already installed but they are sitting in my shop with my miro's still in the box until I can verify the part#'s.

If anyone knows the part numbers stamped on the coils themselves it would be appreciated.

m3incorp

Ready to race!

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!
I'm going to be in Tennessee next week. Anyone comment on who has the best price & shipping for springs & hardware? (I'm Canadian... sorry)

DuckKnuckles

Ready to race!
Do you need to use all new hardware when installing these springs? I have noticed that the ECS Stance/Enhance kit includes VWR Springs, ECS Flush Kit, and $80 worth of mounting hardware. Is there any reason to buy this $550 kit over just the springs and flush kit, $465?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Do you need to use all new hardware when installing these springs? I have noticed that the ECS Stance/Enhance kit includes VWR Springs, ECS Flush Kit, and $80 worth of mounting hardware. Is there any reason to buy this $550 kit over just the springs and flush kit, $465?
Great question. In for the answer...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!

VWR springs along with H&R 10 and 15mm spacers. Not my car.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
The kit ECS sells its a little expensive for what you may need but it is complete if you do the "removing axle" method. I cant find the thread now but i made a list of exactly the bolts and nuts you needed for a spring removal, which in my case was via the 2x4.

Found it, its a lot cheaper. Front you'll replace top three bolts of strut top and lower pinch bolt

STRUT MOUNT BOLT x6 Part Number: N-101-277-07
STRUT BOLT x2 Part Number: N-909-548-02
STRUT LOCK NUT x 4 Part Number: N-101-064-02
STABILIZER LINK BOLT,x2 Part Number: N-107-765-01
STABILIZER LINK LOCK NUTx2 Part Number: N-901-838-03
LOWER CNTRL ARM MOUNT BOLT x2 Part Number: N-106-405-01

Total about $16.

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
The kit ECS sells its a little expensive for what you may need but it is complete if you do the "removing axle" method. I cant find the thread now but i made a list of exactly the bolts and nuts you needed for a spring removal, which in my case was via the 2x4.

Found it, its a lot cheaper. Front you'll replace top three bolts of strut top and lower pinch bolt

STRUT MOUNT BOLT x6 Part Number: N-101-277-07
STRUT BOLT x2 Part Number: N-909-548-02
STRUT LOCK NUT x 4 Part Number: N-101-064-02
STABILIZER LINK BOLT,x2 Part Number: N-107-765-01
STABILIZER LINK LOCK NUTx2 Part Number: N-901-838-03
LOWER CNTRL ARM MOUNT BOLT x2 Part Number: N-106-405-01

Total about $16.

Correct, if you are doing the 2x4 method you will have spare bolts and nuts from the ECS kit in my case I got it when it was on sale so didn't hurt to get some extra stuff for the future but from Yommy's list the lower control arm won't be needing removal but that's up to the individual still that's very useful list to save some money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgtidude

Ready to race!
Those RSE10 looks so sexy. They will probably get stolen off my car if I had them on lol.

I also noticed that most or all of the GTI's here are 4drs. Wheres the 2drs at?