GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone get a used oil analysis?

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
I live on the water and I have to air compressor my engine bay every few weeks there's always sand in the little nooks. My house gets vacuumed multiple times a week lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

It's one of the "benefits" of living on the water... ;)

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Silicon is sand and it should not be used in oil. When it shows in a greater quantity than 5 PPM it typically comes from poor air filtration.

Did you read what I wrote? I said VOA, how its presence is used when a VOA is done first. No oil company is adding sand to oil.

And, it is recommended to do a VOA prior to a UOA, especially if no one has posted a VOA of the oil before (the last VOA is fairly old)

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Did you read what I wrote? I said VOA, how its presence is used when a VOA is done first. No oil company is adding sand to oil.

And, it is recommended to do a VOA prior to a UOA, especially if no one has posted a VOA of the oil before (the last VOA is fairly old)

I've done many a VOA with no silicon present. As I pointed out anything above 5 PPM is typically from poor air filtration.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
Pretty good timing. Just got my results back too. Ironically I live in Fort Wayne, which is where Blackstone is. Even after all the years of owning Audi/VW cars I've never had this done. I'll be sending in samples for every oil change. Should be interesting.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I should send one in.

"Dear Diggs24,
Thank you for the ethanol sample. Please send in oil next time. Thanks."
Hahahaha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion
2018 GSW St1+ tuned w/K&N. Second change with LM at ~7.5K OCI. Seems all good and interesting comment for the K&N haters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zero10

Ready to race!
I finally got around to dropping off this spring's sample last week and got the results this morning:

I couldn't be any happier with those numbers. I run the full 15,000km change intervals (though I do plan to extend it after the warranty is up) and make sure to hit the rev limiter at least once every single day.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
All these threads prove is that 10,000mi intervals on good oil is entirely doable, and that the 5k (on stock tune) crowd is under voodoo.