GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

swfk

Ready to race!
Hello Vancouverites. I'm Steve and I recently picked up the mk7.

Bone stock and it's super boring. I had a mk6 before and some may recognize it as the bagged CW on red wheels. I miss it and think about it everyday.

Anyone else in Vancouver?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Carlos from Surrey/Burnaby here with a red fully loaded Autobah! What happened to your Mk6?

But on vacation in Paris :D

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
From Surrey here! Seen a few 2015 GTIs around but seeing more and more of the regular Golfs.

Car is rock solid so far. Just crossed the 1000km mark so still sorta in the break-in period.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
a friend of mine has one too. White DSG but he's from coquitlam; u sure if he's a member here.

I'm but over 5k splitting between surrey and burnaby. It's so solid!

Anyone have tuning/modding plans?

swfk

Ready to race!
My mk6 got hijacked from me by a crazy dude who got dumped by his gf. Then crashed into a tree shortly :(

Picked up the mk7 but I just have no motivation to mod it.

Bought some H&R sport springs for it but dont want them. Anyone interested? I just want $260 for it!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'm sorry to hear about what happened :(

I'm planning on BFI dogbone insert, DG Sigma 6 shifter (maybe), set of TSW Nurburgrings and either a BMS or Unitronic Stage 1.

swfk

Ready to race!
Dog bone will make a huge difference! Sorta considering unitronic as well.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Just waiting on BMS to officially release their Stage 1 and Unitronic to release UniConnect before I make a decision.

Dogbone is a sure thing!

Last edited:

jellybone69

Ivan here from Vancouver, Gti with Apr Stage 1 tune, lowered on H&R springs/spacers.. APR intake, Spulen pipes and blow off valve (although those two I have but still need to install).
My first VW, LOVE it.. perfect daily driver that I bought for the fiancé.. Have a Golf R on order though, Gti is awesome but just not enough traction with all that torque, especially in rainy Vancouver

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Ok, in case you didn't know, someone found a way to switch off ESC completely via Vagcom.

Does anyone have a vagcom cable and may I (or we) borrow it when summer comes?

Also, how do you get one?

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Carlos

If you check out the dubberz forum, they have a thread with a huge list of locals with the cable. Just pm them and bring a case of beer I think.

I'm thinking of just buying one for myself from Rosstech. They are the official cables. Software is free.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hey Carlos

If you check out the dubberz forum, they have a thread with a huge list of locals with the cable. Just pm them and bring a case of beer I think.

I'm thinking of just buying one for myself from Rosstech. They are the official cables. Software is free.

Thanks! Was thinking of buying one for myself too but just not sure how often id use it.

I haven't checked Ross Tech; how much is the cable?

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude no. It's 249 for the one in my link. That's the cheapest one. It will work only with 2005.5 and onwards VW cars. But if you swing for the more expensive one at 349 you can use it on ALL VW cars with the OBD2 port. Audis included for both.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Dude no. It's 249 for the one in my link. That's the cheapest one. It will work only with 2005.5 and onwards VW cars. But if you swing for the more expensive one at 349 you can use it on ALL VW cars with the OBD2 port. Audis included for both.

I saw the different versions and their prices lol.

Aside from data logging, resetting errors and such (turning off ESC), I honestly don't think I'll have much use for it.

What are your plans for your GTI?