GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Have had to make some emergency trips this month so little time to wash car. Out of town this weekend and need to wash car so I did a modified waterless wash in a car wash bay. Used the same micro fiber cloths I normally use from Walmart. (Blue)
I also used a couple bottles of detailer cleaner, Mcguires and it was blue. Car turned out fine, but now I have blue hands.
Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Being tuned I thought I would change oil every 5,000 from now on.
With info from the Forum I purchased an oil extractor, oil my tuner switched the car to and a fancy funnel. Very easy to do. I have read the GTI has 5.7L of oil. With my ECS Tuning SS oil pan adding around 1 liter I was watching to see how close to 6.7L I could get. The main pull only took 4 minutes. I then let the car sit 5min and pumped some more while lifting and lowering the hose. Did this 3 times with 5min sit time between. Each time more oil came out. In the end I added back 6.8L exactly what the extractor was showing also.

Great way to change oil.
Also added some new stickers from the funnel and brake disc install at end of last summer.

When installing and removing the funnel, I think best to twist it at the black adapter base. More solid location

Edit:
Any negatives?
Some extractors come with a tube to store hoses. Mine has places to clamp hoses but not very well and if you bend the hoses over they pop out. I may look to add a PVC pipe so the hoses can be stored with pump.

Also the residue oil left in the hoses are a small issue. You could pump a degreaser so through and clean. I leaned the hoses against garage with open ends down so oil inside could run out over night. Placed paper towel under each end to soak up.

Last edited:

8kGoodEnuff

Ready to race!
My Clubsport S Muffler install!
Purchased from CARS245!

Muffler part - 5G6253609DD
Clamp - 1K0253141AA. VW OE part.

Verify part numbers, so you order the right parts. Muffler has a picture on CARS245. If you need to talk to them, send email. Do not use message system on site. They never replied on any I sent thru it. But emails they did.

To start off I want to tell my fellow Forum Members who shared the part numbers and ordering info on muffler and other needed parts, without your help I would not have this part on my car. Below is a link to the first post on a thread that has most of the needed info. A lot to go thru but nothing I have not searched thru a few times.

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

My Clubsport S muffler has arrived! Hope to get it fitted tomorrow :D

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_fid=112413&share_type=t&share_pid=387919

For the install I also wanted to install the new rear sway bar I purchase as a set along with a new front sway bar. My front bar bushings are shot and needs to be replaced. I will cover the sway bar install in a couple days.
For the rear sway bar I ordered a matching set of end links that I have for the front bar. They were due Friday so my plan was and early start Saturday. Two things prevented an early start, part did not arrive but was confirmed for Saturday and it rained a ton in the early AM. Started around 11:00am. Had the old muffler out and waited on FedEx so I could install the rear bar while muffler was out. Part arrived at noon. [emoji16]

After bar was in, I started on the muffler. The install is not very hard.
When you cut, get it lined up on the middle set of marks. Make a few cuts back and forth. Hold cutter tight and look around pipe to make sure all wheels are on path. If not carefully lift some wheels and adjust. If all are on the same patch the cutting takes less than a minute. File down the edges and slide the clamp on old pipe coming from engine. I was by myself so laid on my back with CSS muffler on my stomach and slid under the car. Lifted up in place and held with one hand while I tried to get socket and screw in place. Switch hands and do the other side. Tighten but not 100%. Line up pipes and slide clamp over. I used to two outside marks on pipe to center the clamp. Tighten but not all the way.
Get up and pull/ push tips into place. Tighten all three items some and check again. Keep tightening and checking. Mine is good but twisted a little. When you look down on bumper, the right side tip is slightly back. Pulling the two pipes apart and tightening the clamp helped. But when I tighten down it pulls back some. I need to pull pipes apart more. Thought I would see if Dealer might adjust when they do front sway bar. Hard to visually tell but I know it is off some.

Fit and finish is good.
Not very hard. A second set of hands will help.

Why did I get the CSS muffler?
Like everyone I have looked at every muffler video there is.
I have not purchased one due to other mod priorities. (Lowering Springs, Wheels\tires, spoilers, etc. I liked how the Muffler sounded on the CSS. I know our engines are different but the muffler sound is good for me. Stock like but more guts. Cost is good and install easy. At the time and may still be a hard to find part. So unique!

In my after video car has 10 miles on muffler. It is warmed up to 200F oil temp. I like my videos, not the best but real World sound. How it sounds out in the open in a parking lot that most of your friends will first hear it.
To those on the fence, hope this helps. I suggest you get it.

Rented the cutter from Advanced Auto. Rent/buy $75, return and get 100% back. The kit also has a pipe spreader I used to straighten the slight dent I had in pipe end from shipping.

The cutter and pipe spreader kit in back ground. I suggest a kit like this you can rent.

I made some ramps to use so the wheels would be loaded for sway bar. But on gravel drive they slide. Jacked car up and used as wheel stands. Turned around so I could jack up and slide in place. No, I did not drive off. Jacked up and pulled ramps out.

It rained and was windy all day. At one point it was so hard, had to stop even with a cover and the fact I was under the car. Only dry place on a car is in it.

When you mention that you had to pull the tips apart to have them fit properly - was this pulling apart to actually try to bend them into place (sounds like this would be hard to do) or was it to push them apart slightly to then tighten so they stay in place?

Awesome build thread btw!!

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
I was just reading a bit through you blog and never realized yours was a March 15 build also. Got mine in June, Father's Day to be exact. They could have been line mates! Still love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I was just reading a bit through you blog and never realized yours was a March 15 build also. Got mine in June, Father's Day to be exact. They could have been line mates! Still love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So far mine has been well.
If I did no mods the only items I would have are the fuel pump recall and the fender bumper paint rub repaint.
Hope you enjoy yours as much I like mine.
Thanks for stopping in and comment.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
If I’d have a Lambo where the gas tank alone is $800 it would make sense that the plate holder is $1500. For my Golf... nah

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Being tuned I thought I would change oil every 5,000 from now on.
With info from the Forum I purchased an oil extractor, oil my tuner switched the car to and a fancy funnel.

Where did you get the fancy funnel? I see options on Amazon, but none specifically seem to confirm they fit the GTI.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
When you mention that you had to pull the tips apart to have them fit properly - was this pulling apart to actually try to bend them into place (sounds like this would be hard to do) or was it to push them apart slightly to then tighten so they stay in place?

Awesome build thread btw!!

Sorry I missed this post.
If this related to straightening the end of the CSS intake pipe then the spreaders I rented straightened this easily. One would think it would not stay in place but it did. I rotated the piece in a pipe a few times and tightened it hard. After the pipe was perfect. Then just de-bured the pipes.