GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I cannot HAGGLE the price! I give up!

R Les

New to the forum. Hi to ALL!

I'm a huge fan of hatchbacks. I test drove the new GTI (fell in love with it), requested specific options, and processed an order form as of 08/06/14.

I made a "security deposit" which is returnable in case I change my mind (the car I wanted was not in stock and will be located from a different VW dealer out of state in which will take about 7-12 days for delivery).

Going forward, I accepted the terms in running my credit, getting approved for a loan, proof of income, blah blah blah .. the whole spiel

Few days later, I get a phone call about my loan being denied by VW credit. VW decided to pass my loan application to a third party creditor in which it was instantly approve with a higher fixed rate.

According to the financial advisor, my student loans (private university) killed my chance to be approved under VW (apparently you need LESS than 43% of debt ratio to be considered for a VW loan).

But anyway, the main reason why I posted this was in fact I need some opinion(s). SOME MEMBERS (on here and some on other forums) are recently leasing 2015 GTi(s) for the amount LESS than USD$31K AUTOBAHN trim with taxes, fees, etc ALL INCLUDED with NO DOWN. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

Meanwhile, I get priced for an SE trim cost more than $33K (all included)! If thats case, I might as well go for an AUTOBAHN if dealers out there are actually giving it for less than $31K!! ** see picture **

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 1,859
Last edited:

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
From looking at the cost on the vw website, it looks like the msrp is about right as to what is on the site. There are only 2 SE's around me and one is a std for msrp $29810 and a dsg no lighting pkg for $29915.

So it looks like the $30500 is about right

Last edited:

R Les

From looking at the cost on the vw website, it looks like the msrp is about right as to what is on the site. There are only 2 SE's around me and one is a std for msrp $29810 and a dsg no lighting pkg for $29915.

So it looks like the $30500 is about right

I notice that. My main concern is haggling the price. If I could get an SE price for the Autobahn trim I'll be set. I tried doing the "price is not right, walk out" ordeal.. Didn't work. Lol

CdnX

Ready to race!
Don't know about your personal finances but don't fall for the bait and switch financing. You don't need to have this car that badly, walk away. Sort out your student loans and put a little aside for a down payment. Lease if that's what you're into but negotiate on price and interest rate and all the other stuff like you are buying the car.

R Les

Don't know about your personal finances but don't fall for the bait and switch financing. You don't need to have this car that badly, walk away. Sort out your student loans and put a little aside for a down payment. Lease if that's what you're into but negotiate on price and interest rate and all the other stuff like you are buying the car.

In all honesty, I want to lease. I had never lease before, this will be my first time .. ever. It begins here.

No down payment needed as the saleman says .. he did mentioned if I could put down at least $1,000 to "show" VW stability.

Last edited:

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I have had many leases and everyone one of them was ok. I did end up on the negative side once because I traded it in early but I also bought out my MkV GTI at the end of the lease and I am still driving it. Look at it this way, if you're not happy with the car at the end lease, turn it in. Otherwise you can purchase it for the buyout price and keep it. Usually after paying lease fees for the term, banks like what they see and will give you a decent rate for the buyout.

misaka

Ready to race!
Few days later, I get a phone call about my loan being denied by VW credit. VW decided to pass my loan application to a third party creditor in which it was instantly approve with a higher fixed rate.

According to the financial advisor, my student loans (private university) killed my chance to be approved under VW (apparently you need LESS than 43% of debt ratio to be considered for a VW loan).

This part is pure BS on their part. I've gotten VW loans on a lease. I have huge student debt, and they and dying to get me to lease more. And I have far less than 1/3 of that in assets.

R Les

This part is pure BS on their part. I've gotten VW loans on a lease. I have huge student debt, and they and dying to get me to lease more. And I have far less than 1/3 of that in assets.

Lucky you :( I would have been approve easily if my parents came on the contract, I rejected. now that i'm grown.. I need to start being more responsible in my financial endeavors.

** Bell Audi (nj) gave me more credit than VW - which i'm surprise both uses the same bank.

R Les

Its early. A little patience and once the dealers have a lot more cars on the lot, there will be a way to haggle.

** UPDATE AS OF 08/14 **

one of the VW dealers here in NJ decided to upgrade my final sale to an AUTOBAHN trim for the same price as the SE trim (since i'm having second thoughts of finalizing between the GTI vs 15' AUDI A3 - I favor the A3; much bang for my bucks IMO). SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! Only down fall, more wait time due to delivery rather than 1-4 days of delivery from another dealer which is 150-250 miles away. I also told the dealers I will not finalize the sale if the license plate had been drilled on the front bummer. NJ law requires front license plates.

R Les

I have had many leases and everyone one of them was ok. I did end up on the negative side once because I traded it in early but I also bought out my MkV GTI at the end of the lease and I am still driving it. Look at it this way, if you're not happy with the car at the end lease, turn it in. Otherwise you can purchase it for the buyout price and keep it. Usually after paying lease fees for the term, banks like what they see and will give you a decent rate for the buyout.

thanks for your thoughts! I've decided i'll be financing this purchase (if ever I make up my mind).

misaka

Ready to race!
** UPDATE AS OF 08/14 **

one of the VW dealers here in NJ decided to upgrade my final sale to an AUTOBAHN trim for the same price as the SE trim (since i'm having second thoughts of finalizing between the GTI vs 15' AUDI A3 - I favor the A3; much bang for my bucks IMO). SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! Only down fall, more wait time due to delivery rather than 1-4 days of delivery from another dealer which is 150-250 miles away. I also told the dealers I will not finalize the sale if the license plate had been drilled on the front bummer. NJ law requires front license plates.

Why so long? Tons of A3s especially at bell audi. Also you realize that the a3 comes with a plate mount right on the bumper from factory right? I'll actually be taking delivery of an A3 from bell audi in a week or 2 myself lol

whatever

Passed Driver's Ed
R Les, curious if you are leasing or buying? Dealers have a lot of ways to manipulate deals beyond just selling price for leases.

If you're purchasing at that price sounds like you hit it outta the park!

MATTBEE

Purchased my 2015 Golf GTI SE two weeks ago at a VW dealership in Miami, Florida, which is about a 2 1/2 hour ride for me.

They discounted the vehicle $2,450.00 off the MSRP!

I Paid 28,460.00, less my 10K down payment, it ended up at 18,460.00. Then adding all the tax, title, tag, and other crap :)

I think I got a pretty good deal honestly!!