GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
How do you have so many options for driving modes?

Lol Chillout is a serious developer. he knows how to hack into the car and make it do tons of things it was never explicitly designed to do.

Also his car is a GTE so I'm sure GTEs have different profiles than GTIs etc

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
The picture is a bit blurry, but today I did a thing ;-)

Damnn can all these modes be added to any Mk7?

Sent by raven from Castle Black

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

It's not easy and if you don't know what you're doing you can brick your stuff. Chillout is just a wizard with this stuff. Check out his other posts and threads if you want to be really impressed

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It's not easy and if you don't know what you're doing you can brick your stuff. Chillout is just a wizard with this stuff. Check out his other posts and threads if you want to be really impressed

Yeah man I started to mess with my Alltrack then could not get the performance meter to display.. So i gave up lol I know the app works because i get a message the oil is up to temp when my Android Auto is connected

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I thought that was lasagna at first.

Thanks, now I'm hungry :D It's some placeholder image that the VW developers left in there. There's no car that uses Clubsport driving profile, not even the Clubsport GTI's, as far as I know. (and if they did, they would be having a very ugly driving profile screen, which would not be nice for a car like the flagship-GTI :p

Chillout has massaged his mib2 unit just a smidge.
Lol Chillout is a serious developer. he knows how to hack into the car and make it do tons of things it was never explicitly designed to do.

Thanks guys :)

How do you have so many options for driving modes?

Yes.. There are at least 19 different profiles that could be used(in theory). Not all of them actually show up in the driving profile screen. There's a max of 12 that can be configured in the Gateway. Maybe more if I figure out the hybrid profiles as well.

Also his car is a GTE so I'm sure GTEs have different profiles than GTIs etc

Yes and no. On the newer GTE's, the gateway is identical to the regular Golf/GTI (3Q0 gateway). Older GTE's had a 5QE gateway, which had specific firmware. I have flashed GTI/GTE/Passat/Octavia/Leon driving-profile data on my gateway, all are mostly identical. But... for Hybrids, there is some specific configuration data that adds additional driving modes, but they don't show up in this screen, but in a different Hybrid-specific one. :D

I'll test some more changes today, expecting to have even more driving profiles on my screen :D

Yeah man I started to mess with my Alltrack then could not get the performance meter to display.. So i gave up lol I know the app works because i get a message the oil is up to temp when my Android Auto is connected

That's probably because of Android Auto blocking custom apps, which sucks bigtime :-( I have a work-around, but it involves advanced tweaking on the unit.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
That's probably because of Android Auto blocking custom apps, which sucks bigtime :-( I have a work-around, but it involves advanced tweaking on the unit.

Yeah I was trying to do just that and gave up.. Should've played more with computers when I was younger :D

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Thanks, now I'm hungry :D It's some placeholder image that the VW developers left in there. There's no car that uses Clubsport driving profile, not even the Clubsport GTI's, as far as I know. (and if they did, they would be having a very ugly driving profile screen, which would not be nice for a car like the flagship-GTI :p

Thanks guys :)

Yes.. There are at least 19 different profiles that could be used(in theory). Not all of them actually show up in the driving profile screen. There's a max of 12 that can be configured in the Gateway. Maybe more if I figure out the hybrid profiles as well.

Yes and no. On the newer GTE's, the gateway is identical to the regular Golf/GTI (3Q0 gateway). Older GTE's had a 5QE gateway, which had specific firmware. I have flashed GTI/GTE/Passat/Octavia/Leon driving-profile data on my gateway, all are mostly identical. But... for Hybrids, there is some specific configuration data that adds additional driving modes, but they don't show up in this screen, but in a different Hybrid-specific one. :D

I'll test some more changes today, expecting to have even more driving profiles on my screen :D

Can Comfort steering be coded in to a Mk7 GTI? I have all the options it requires.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Can Comfort steering be coded in to a Mk7 GTI? I have all the options it requires.

yes, that setting can already be set trough VCDS, somewhere in steering adaptation you can choose between dynamic, comfort and "set by driving profile"

Nice man! How are you liking the MIB 2.5? Worth the money?

Thanks! I love it.. it's so much fun :)

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Just installed this last night, took like 4 hours with the wheel removed. Hard to get the material to stay put, needs a lot of adjustment as you thread. Overall, very pleased with the material, I would definitely not do this with the wheel still attached.

Maxcowe1

Passed Driver's Ed
yes, that setting can already be set trough VCDS, somewhere in steering adaptation you can choose between dynamic, comfort and "set by driving profile"

Thanks! I love it.. it's so much fun :)

How did you code that clubsport driving setting? I know in the UK the CSS has it from factory but normal CS doesnt and would love it to!

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Just installed this last night, took like 4 hours with the wheel removed. Hard to get the material to stay put, needs a lot of adjustment as you thread. Overall, very pleased with the material, I would definitely not do this with the wheel still attached.

I did. It was a bitch.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
What were your mounts before? OEM? Are your new mounts OEM as well?

Yes, OEM with about 74k miles on them (nearly 5 years). Tuned for the last 14k miles, but I've always driven cleanly but spiritedly.

Replaced with OEM mounts as the car is my daily and I dont want any additional NVH (no matter how little some people claim the aftermarket ones add lol).