GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Stock intake fascia is open inside the passenger side, some say its for "engine cooling" I say it's stupid.

Also the R is air straight to filter and back through inlet piping. Stock forces air along a slimmer fascia, down a tiny duct that goes back up behind the intake box, back down an even smaller hole emptying into the bottom of the stock filter box, air then has to travel up through the dumbass plastic bottom "filter holder", through the stock filter element and then force it's way 90 degree back through another little angled hole directed towards the stock inlet pipe. Hence why it has such a muffling effect.

No thanks

Sure there's cheaper intakes that are literally just for sound, I choose the one that's made for this car with quality
Oh, I am not arguing that the stock system is restrictive. I took the snow guard out and dremelled the driver's side and the top of the grill analogous to the passenger side. But are you sure there are no engine bay cooling benefits to leaving the passenger side unblocked?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Looks good. So how are the quality on those inserts? You just stick them on? Have they made $10 knock offs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The quality is top notch. Definitely not worth the 80 bucks ECS wants for them. I got them at a discount from a forum member.
The install is very straightforward: stick your hand behind the bumper, push out three xmas tree clamps on the reflectors, pull reflectors out. Snap inserts in. Done.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
they did a really great job on the taillights. is that paint or a film of some sort?
It's lamin-x covers. They did a fine job.
I tried applying a film purchased on ebay, but it did not want to stretch at all and was very difficult to spread out, and after some fighting I gave up and took the car to the same guy that tinted my windows.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Playing peekaboo. Installed rear reflector inserts a couple of days ago. Had my tails tinted today. DeAutoLED tail running/brake LED bulbs arriving soon.
Those inserts have to be my favorite aesthetic mod. Worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Late to the party, but finally got the winter setup on after a delay with Fedex. Very close, but clears brakes up front. General artics on portos from the mk6 golf diesel

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Late to the party, but finally got the winter setup on after a delay with Fedex. Very close, but clears brakes up front. General artics on portos from the mk6 golf diesel

What size tires are you running on the portos? The portos are ET54, so there's about 5mm tuck relative to the standard 17" wheel spec for the MK7. How much clearance is there next to the strut?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Finally got around to putting some padding in the glovebox. Contrary to my expectations, the procedure was straightforward. The glovebox lid did not even have to be put into service position.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
they really did. clean as can be.

Not to sound like a snob, but I would have done a cleaner job, especially after my experience doing a crappy job with Lamin-X on my headlights. But that's only if I were measuring with a caliper and being super anal. This tinting guy is good, no doubt, I would recommend him to anyone in the LA and the High Desert areas.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
winter set up in Cali? Tell me more...

you must ski or snowboard up in the mountains?

Moved to Midwest for school, didnt update location lol

What size tires are you running on the portos? The portos are ET54, so there's about 5mm tuck relative to the standard 17" wheel spec for the MK7. How much clearance is there next to the strut?

205/50. It has some room by the strut. Wheel weights are maybe 1/4in from the calipers:eek::D

nype

Drag Racing Champion