GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HeavyUser

Been lurking for a few months now.

Purchased a 2018 Gti SE back in February. 28Thousand miles later, no major issues except a creaky sunroof that I resolved based off solutions provided from this forum and I kept having a random misfires in cylinder 2 that I cleared up by adding some injector cleaner to a few tanks of gas(misfires haven't been back in months).

Added an open air intake yesterday and was tuned to APR Stage 1 93 octane high torque file. Smiled so much on my way home that my cheeks were hurtn for a few hours after.

This is my first VW, coming from Hondas and Toyotas. My last car was a Prius C... lol.

HeavyUser

Where in NY are you? And how did you decide to go from many Prius to a GTI? Why not a Golf E lol

I'm around the Poughkeepsie area, about an hour and a half on the Metro North line.

Before the Prius I had a Civic Si that I really enjoyed. I sold it and got a Prius because I have a 40+ mile commute to/from work and I wanted to save on the gas. I was burning through almost 300 a month in fuel with the Si.

Fast forward 6 months later, took a big promotion at work. My finances changed and I started looking for a car that was fun to drive but practical for my age. Settled on the GTi.

Currently saving for a South Bend Stage 3 Daily.

edrex

Ready to race!
My last car was a Prius C... lol.

Haha my last car was a Prius also... got it to teach my daughter to drive on. That one got totaled about a year and a half later so I picked up the GTI to have some fun!

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Finally changed my wiper blades to Trico Titan. No more streaks.
Also cleaned/oiled my K&N drop in filter after like 20K miles (haha). Maybe placebo but it feels more responsive. Or could be the cold weather.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Fitted my GTIjake downpipe. No drone on highway and screams when I open it up. Thought it might be too much with the CSS muffler, but it's perfect.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Fitted my GTIjake downpipe. No drone on highway and screams when I open it up. Thought it might be too much with the CSS muffler, but it's perfect.
That's going to be my summer mod

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
wow... that's insane. I bet if you pull over and idle the oil temp actually goes down instead of stay constant or increase.

That's too cold for my Caribbean blood. Peace out to that.

It's so cold in the Midwest right now, my coolant temps can't even hit 180F with the heat on. :D

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Finally got me a jb4! Now to find me a nice warm heated shop to throw this baby on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk