GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
OEM glass or aftermarket?

Pilkington, like the last one. fitted yesterday and less than 24 hours it now has a chip in thanks to an Eddie Stobart wagon coming the opposite way this morning.:mad: Having it repaired on Monday.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Got my b-pillar trims polished and cut some 3M clear film to protect them. Attempted the install myself, and quickly realized that it’s not a skill set that I possess. Will either have a pro do it, or just keep polishing them as needed.

Incidentally, Duragloss 501 Marine and RV Polish, with a black Lake Country 4” polishing pad on an ancient Porte Cable DA polisher, was all the pillars needed. Cleaned them right up.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Not today, but 2 days ago...

Activated the OEM car alarm on my '17 GTI. It took a lot of searching and Google Translate to get it done.

Thanks to southpawboston as usual for his OBDeleven mods spreadsheet. I used that as the base and had to look online for just a few more clues because of some differences.

I still don't understand why it's disabled from the factory in NAR.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed rear reflector inserts and put in license plate LEDs. Also installed new outer tails because mine had stress tracks since day one that propagated over time.

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie

Activated the OEM car alarm on my '17 GTI. It took a lot of searching and Google Translate to get it done.

Thanks to southpawboston as usual for his OBDeleven mods spreadsheet. I used that as the base and had to look online for just a few more clues because of some differences.

wait, alarm is disabled!?! since when? this is news to me lol. i came from mk5, alarm enabled.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
wait, alarm is disabled!?! since when? this is news to me lol. i came from mk5, alarm enabled.

I've seen some posts say that some mk7s have them enabled. Idr if it's the Golf R.

Try the following: leave your window open, lock the car using your key or the outside door handle dimple, and then open the door from the inside door handle. Idr if you need to wait a minute for the alarm to arm. If your alarm isn't enabled, then your door will open without anything happening afterwards lol.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20027

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
I've seen some posts say that some mk7s have them enabled. Idr if it's the Golf R.

Try the following: leave your window open, lock the car using your key or the outside door handle dimple, and then open the door from the inside door handle. Idr if you need to wait a minute for the alarm to arm. If your alarm isn't enabled, then your door will open without anything happening afterwards lol.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20027

ill try it later and thanks for the the link! this is disappointing lol. on my mk5 if you forgot to lock your doors, after cartain time it will beep and alarm will arm.

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
Did not do it today, rather earlier this week. Took ole girl in for an oil change and 40K service. Came out a day later with a new water pump, thermostat housing and oil cooler. Sad thing is no indications that I was leaking either fluid. Luckily I still had a few miles left on my power train warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Do you know if the 2017 S has an alarm?

Also, where do i find southpawboston's obdeleven mod list?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Do you know if the 2017 S has an alarm?

Also, where do i find southpawboston's obdeleven mod list?

I'd say probably. It's definitely worth trying to code it at least.

Look for his username in these forums, and you'll see the link in his signature.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Nope. The pressure tank on my well ruptured. Water flowed through my parking area. Taking forever for it to dry out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. Hope it's all fixed and dries soon.. that really sucks.

It really ticks me off when I have to drive through construction areas where the dump trucks drop piles of mud on the roads and no way around it. I like my tires clean!