GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I dropped off my car in the shop because for Christmas my neighbor backed into my parked car [emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Finally got time to install my XBQ. And since I took all the trim off to do it right, finished up the vibration damper in the spare tire and on the wheel wells in the rear. Took way longer than expected but that's what happens when you allow your project scope to creep a little.

This looks great! I really want one but this would affect me putting my golf clubs in the back i think :( maybe ill get the underbrace and swaybar in the future all call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zech912

Ready to race!
Not today, but a couple days ago, used the recently arrived OBDeleven to reduce soundaktor to 10%, turned off seat belt chime, turned off the auto stop-start. if it were made of pure gold, it could not be more valuable. one thing, i wanted to turn off the door chimes that go off when I open the door when not in park, there was an app that sounded similar, but it did not turn it off. if there is a way to do so, please advise.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Not today, but a couple days ago, used the recently arrived OBDeleven to reduce soundaktor to 10%, turned off seat belt chime, turned off the auto stop-start. if it were made of pure gold, it could not be more valuable. one thing, i wanted to turn off the door chimes that go off when I open the door when not in park, there was an app that sounded similar, but it did not turn it off. if there is a way to do so, please advise.
Sorry, can't help with the door chimes... But what is Auto stop-start?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
turned off seat belt chime,

please advise
Unless it's for your dog in the passenger seat, or for the annoying few seconds when you first start the car and it screams at you before you even have the chance to put it on (I can relate, that is very frustrating), why would you need to turn it off?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zech912

Ready to race!
Sorry, can't help with the door chimes... But what is Auto stop-start?

in the 2018 GTI, when you come to a stop, the engine shuts off, then starts up again, when you take your foot off the brake. one guy did an entire video about this, the GTI went from his favorite car to one that he did not like, he said, solely because of this addition, despite the fact that it can be disengaged each time you start the car simply by button on console. because of that button, it was not a huge deal to me, but because of all the complaints I have seen, I was surprised to learn it can be turned off completely with the OBDeleven. I thought it might be impossible to defeat.

Turn your seat belt chime back on. Unless it's for your dog in the passenger seat, why would you ever not wear a seatbelt?

I always wear a seatbelt and I do not need a chime yo tell me to do so, but I do not hook it up before I turn on the car, and so I was always greeted by those irritating alerts. Gone!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
in the 2018 GTI, when you come to a stop, the engine shuts off, then starts up again, when you take your foot off the brake. one guy did an entire video about this, the GTI went from his favorite car to one that he did not like, he said, solely because of this addition, despite the fact that it can be disengaged each time you start the car simply by button on console. because of that button, it was not a huge deal to me, but because of all the complaints I have seen, I was surprised to learn it can be turned off completely with the OBDeleven. I thought it might be impossible to defeat.

I always wear a seatbelt and I do not need a chime yo tell me to do so, but I do not hook it up before I turn on the car, and so I was always greeted by those irritating alerts. Gone!

I realized this situation (as well as how harsh my post sounded) after I posted and tried to edit but you beat me to the reply haha. It's been a while since I drove the car and forgot about the chime right when you start it. Didn't mean to sound like a dick

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
one thing, i wanted to turn off the door chimes that go off when I open the door when not in park, there was an app that sounded similar, but it did not turn it off. if there is a way to do so, please advise.

Never seen a way to do this, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

zech912

Ready to race!
I realized this situation (as well as how harsh my post sounded) after I posted and tried to edit but you beat me to the reply haha. It's been a while since I drove the car and forgot about the chime right when you start it. Didn't mean to sound like a dick

thank you, understood and no problems.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
The eurocode rear chassis bar is more of a cosmetic mod lol. Couldn't feel much improvement but I think it looks cool in the trunk (previous owner said the same thing for his S4)

Shit now I feel bad because I was a total asshole and meant to edit the comment... and forgot... like an idiot. I did mean to say that it does look good, but that does stink you guys can't tell much of a difference. Maybe with actual tracking it would show. You even got it used so that's a win win in my book. Honestly expected more flak for that comment, didn't even work up the nerve to check the thread until today. Maybe that should be a wake up call that I should stop being an ass, and just help people instead.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

Where did you get those nets?