GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

SM075180

Ready to race!
Ok. I guess I should have asked, what are the wheel specs?

For a GTI with Austin wheels which are 18x7.5 ET 49, most people go 15mm front and 20mm rear. Or a wheel spec/spacer combo to a similar level of “flushness”. I actually went 10/15 to keep the car a little cleaner.

Assuming you’re not aggressively lowered, then you won’t have any problems with an extra 5mm up front. The sides of your car will get more crap flung up on them though.

http://willtheyfit.com

Do you have photos of the 10/15? I’ve debated finding a “happy medium” with spacers- you’re the first I’ve seen mention/do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacG1

Passed Driver's Ed
New Powder Coating IMG_0656.JPG

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Eh not today but I put my winter setup on the R last week. I really wasn't sure if I should carry over the Enkei's from my GTI but now that they're mounted I like them.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Eh not today but I put my winter setup on the R last week. I really wasn't sure if I should carry over the Enkei's from my GTI but now that they're mounted I like them.

Very nice. I’m toying with the idea of trading my year old GTI for an R. Any regrets?

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Got the Euro low profile head rests.

Better visibility out the back window now.

Are they worth $300 ...probably not. I just had to have them.

Can you remove them without folding the seats forward? That's one complaint I have about the stock ones.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Very nice. I’m toying with the idea of trading my year old GTI for an R. Any regrets?

Well I went from a stage 2 Mk6 GTI to the R so no real regrets there.

Occasionally I do question whether or not it was worth the cost to go with an R over a Mk7 GTI so I guess I'm not really sure.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Well I went from a stage 2 Mk6 GTI to the R so no real regrets there.

Occasionally I do question whether or not it was worth the cost to go with an R over a Mk7 GTI so I guess I'm not really sure.

It’s the same question I’ve been asking myself. Is the R worth the extra money over the GTI. I have a 6MT Autobahn with LP and DAP. What attracts me to the R is the DSG, AWD for all weather traction and no sunroof. Yes, I like that the R has no sunroof.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
From what I understand the 2018 R gets the new 7spd dry? DSG which can hold like 400ft-lbs of torque if what I read is correct. It's the only 2018 Golf to get it. So that could be a definite draw towards a new R over a GTI.

With the weather shift I finally decided it was time to replace the wiper blades. They had just started to streak. They were 8 months old at this point and after about 6 months due to the sun and ozone the rubber on wiper blades starts to harden, creating streaks. So I figured why not. We have had some rain recently. According to google it should rain here in 1 hour.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
From what I understand the 2018 R gets the new 7spd dry? DSG which can hold like 400ft-lbs of torque if what I read is correct. It's the only 2018 Golf to get it. So that could be a definite draw towards a new R over a GTI.

It's not a dry-clutch. That's the DQ200, the one that comes on the non-performance oriented Golf's worldwide.

The DQ500 is wet just like the 250. Apparently it's just better:p

Also worth noting the existing DQ250 can hold over 500TQ with the right TCU tune (all claim to increase clamping pressure, only some actually do;)

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
It's not a dry-clutch. That's the DQ200, the one that comes on the non-performance oriented Golf's worldwide.

The DQ500 is wet just like the 250. Apparently it's just better:p

Also worth noting the existing DQ250 can hold over 500TQ with the right TCU tune (all claim to increase clamping pressure, only some actually do;)

So which TCU tunes increase clamping pressure?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Getting clutch installed today
Then the fun break in period