GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
Clutch spring eh? Is that just on the 6mt? Do you have a shortshifter by chance? My sigma5 makes the shifts a little stiff, I wonder if removing such a spring would makes things better or worse...

Here is a cross post from my build thread:

So here is a pic from last night:

Notice the inexpensive Chinese LEDs in action! (I kept brightness @100 in VCDS rather than upping them to 127)

And here is one from earlier this evening!

I was fortunate enough to meet up with a very kind VW enthusiast who was local to me and gave me an incredible deal on these OEM (AL from Poland) dark cherry euro LEDs

I must say I am loving the VW community more and more. Everyone I meet in person has been great. There is something to be said for a large online community that shares an obsession with sexy(yet very practical) german hatchbacks, wrenching/DIY'ing, and making your mode of transportation uniquely your own.

As far as the DIY'ing is concerned, I spent about an hour getting these in, and most of that time was spent fighting with those God damned red clips.

Shop DAP has an install video on YouTube where the red clip faces out towards the inside of the hatch. Instead, mine faced in towards the metal of the car. I drove myself crazy and even broke a dental pick before I thought to use the rounded needle nose pliars in the picture above to move the clip out. Even with those it was tricky as hell!

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Clutch spring eh? Is that just on the 6mt? Do you have a shortshifter by chance? My sigma5 makes the shifts a little stiff, I wonder if removing such a spring would makes things better or worse...

Here is a cross post from my build thread:

So here is a pic from last night:

Notice the inexpensive Chinese LEDs in action! (I kept brightness @100 in VCDS rather than upping them to 127)

And here is one from earlier this evening!

I was fortunate enough to meet up with a very kind VW enthusiast who was local to me and gave me an incredible deal on these OEM (AL from Poland) dark cherry euro LEDs

I must say I am loving the VW community more and more. Everyone I meet in person has been great. There is something to be said for a large online community that shares an obsession with sexy(yet very practical) german hatchbacks, wrenching/DIY'ing, and making your mode of transportation uniquely your own.

As far as the DIY'ing is concerned, I spent about an hour getting these in, and most of that time was spent fighting with those God damned red clips.

Shop DAP has an install video on YouTube where the red clip faces out towards the inside of the hatch. Instead, mine faced in towards the metal of the car. I drove myself crazy and even broke a dental pick before I thought to use the rounded needle nose pliars in the picture above to move the clip out. Even with those it was tricky as hell!

I only laugh because my red clips were facing that way, too. I ordered trim removal tools on Amazon for $5 and they worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
most of that time was spent fighting with those God damned red clips.

Word of advice: next time, unscrew the tail light and pull outward - the connector and wiring will come with it (there's a little slack) and you can access it from the outside.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Does bringing it home from the repair shop count?

Haven't been following closely...what work did they do to resolve the brake caliber "issue"?

Was there damage to the wheel from the brake fluid sitting on it?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Word of advice: next time, unscrew the tail light and pull outward - the connector and wiring will come with it (there's a little slack) and you can access it from the outside.

Yep. Much easier to do it this way, IMO.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

Windshield replacement...but the rubber is missing. Fuck. I asked the Tech about it and he said that the windshield he installed came with one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just for reference, I took an extreme closeup of the top driver side corner of my OEM from factory windshield:

droeck

Finally got my ED springs installed a few weeks back. Really like the look and close to stock ride quality. Although it appears to have a bit of forward rake, which I guess I'll have to live with.

And since my OEM Pirelli's were pretty much done fighting the good fight (39k!) I added some Michelin PSS in 235 / 40 fitment to help with traction for future tune. :)

New Shoes!!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Looks great, droeck! On these message boards, the white cars always look like they're sitting lower than the dark cars with the same springs. I think it's because of the color contrast. The camera sets exposure for white, and then the tires and wheel gap all turn into one dark area, which gives the illusion of no wheel gap at all.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Looks great, droeck! On these message boards, the white cars always look like they're sitting lower than the dark cars with the same springs. I think it's because of the color contrast. The camera sets exposure for white, and then the tires and wheel gap all turn into one dark area, which gives the illusion of no wheel gap at all.

Oh see I think the opposite. I think the black cars hide any possible wheel gap as you just see wheels sticking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk