GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Headed to the dealer, second attempt to get them to check out a slight vibration felt on my buttocks at about 80mph. Got VW involved and they'll follow up as the first attempt the tech "couldn't replicate"

Tone1

Ready to race!
This is my first major mod to my mk7.
After a few weeks of intense research, watching youtube videos and talking to other VW car enthusiast I decided to go with the muffler delete until I can get a proper tune and then I can put some money into the performance exhaust system.
Why did I do the delete?
- My brother has a M 135 and that exhaust note stock compared to my GTI stock was unbelievable. I know I know I could never replicate that with a 4 cyl, but doing the muffler delete did not make it sound like a Honda at all. It is not a deep sounding as the BMW but it does sound as if there is some character there.

- While I had the muffler shop do the work, why not add some very nice 4inch tips that make the stock 2.5inch tips look weak.

I am very impressed with the delete, there is no drone and as others have said you get a little better exhaust note.

Care to mention where you got those tips?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Headed to the dealer, second attempt to get them to check out a slight vibration felt on my buttocks at about 80mph. Got VW involved and they'll follow up as the first attempt the tech "couldn't replicate"

If I was the tech I would not try to replicate lol getting a speeding ticket at 80 MPH for a customer can't be fun [emoji4] good luck I hope that you find the culprit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikebits

Ready to race!
Bought my Sportwagon a friend.

I pick it up next Friday.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
If I was the tech I would not try to replicate lol getting a speeding ticket at 80 MPH for a customer can't be fun [emoji4] good luck I hope that you find the culprit

Why not let owner drive an duplicate it with tech in passenger seat?
Vibration felt by driver likely felt by passenger.
Just a suggestion.
I have driven techs before. No one knows your car better than you.
That way you can point out the issue and see if he/she feels it.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Why not let owner drive an duplicate it with tech in passenger seat?

Vibration felt by driver likely felt by passenger.

Just a suggestion.

I have driven techs before. No one knows your car better than you.

That way you can point out the issue and see if he/she feels it.

That's actually a great idea, I've done it before as well

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG

VW had to replace all 4 of my tires for something similar. I wonder if there is a fundamental flaw in the drivetrain.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
Could be a quirk in tire balance ?

The original set was balanced three times and the issue was still there. Road force numbers were in the mid 150s, which is giant mud tire territory. VW regional came out and said it was unacceptable and they got a new set from Continental. Wheel were fucked up in the process but I highly doubt anything will ever come of that. The new set is better, but got a bit worse after rotating them when I did my 5000 mile oil change.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
But in other news, I finally got my windows tinted. SunTek CXP. 45% all around and 70% on the windshield. They even did the quarter windows. A little more debris in the windshield than I'd like but we'll see how it looks after all of the moisture evaporates. Worst case, they redo it. The other windows look great.