GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Jeezo! Sounds a bit dull....we still have massive negotiating power ordering via dealers for a factory built to order car...they have massive profit margins on new cars, and even more if you finance via VW as well. They generally make around £4k on a new car so you can look at getting options throw in for free or save a bundle on invoice price.

There are a lot of companies you can buy a factory order direct from as well...so you can bypass the dealers and save even more cash [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Kilo;

if you get the chance could you take some photos from straight in front of your car and directly behind your car? i am curious about the beautiful flush tires.

also, any rubbing or bottoming-out with your suspension/tire/wheel set-up?

thanks.

again, beautiful ride.

Sure! Have just spent the past few days driving. Would've loved the wheels to be more flushed with the sides. As it is, I do get a little rubbing when I go over humps too quickly.

BrowardMK6

Banned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Just spent all Friday Claying my GTi [emoji53] after jet washing realised the paint was like sandpaper! Car paint and windows were completely covered with white overspray [emoji35]

Good old clay mitt, detailer and a lot of patience and its all off and silky smooth [emoji41]

Sent from my HTC One

Hooklyn

Banned
Tornado Red GTI from Singapore. Running on Eibach Pro-kit springs and 18" x 8.5J +47 BBS CH-Rs.

Looking to get an understated bodykit to visually bring it closer to the ground.

Any spacers or is that just the 47mm offset?
What are the tire specs, they look awfully meaty?

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Any spacers or is that just the 47mm offset?
What are the tire specs, they look awfully meaty?

No spacers, they are from the 47mm offset. Looks like it could use with a 5mm push though.

Tires are Goodyear Eagle F1A2s, 235/40/18 (IIRC). Great balance between performance, comfort and price.

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
How's the ride quality on those springs?

It's very close to stock. My GTI is equipped with DCC and Comfort mode is now unusable as it is so soft that the ride bounces quite a bit over bumps after I go over them. I tend to leave the car in Normal and Sport (where it is slightly firmer than stock).

Not sure whether I like the change, but I do like the drop in height!

simpleword

Greetings from Portland Oregon! New member with a Tornado Red GTI SE. First brand new car and first VW ever! Very pleased with it. I wanted the lighting package but couldn't find a manual with lighting, oh well!