GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USB Port / Voice Commands in my GTI Not Working

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Folks,

I received my 2014 GTI, I noticed my usb port in the center console delivering power but doesn't read the usb stcik, any suggestions?? and one more thing the voice command button isn't working as well, it only mutes the sound?

Thanks

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey man :)
Congrats on the GTI!!

I haven't tried the voice command yet, but will give you a feedback once I have.
As for the USB Port, it only charges my iPhone. I have read in the other forums too that the Port wont read anything.

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey ..
Yea as mentioned the USB port in the arm rest only charges the phone..and the voice command button only mutes the volume.. we do loose out on some features here in the middle east..HURRAH!

gtiw7

Ready to race!
if voice command button mutes the speakers this means you don't have voice command!

voice command comes standard if you have the 8" screen not the 5.8"

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
USB port in the centre console i think you get with advanced phone prep, and its passive USB - ie power only. the one in place of the MDI behind the gearstick (if applicable) works for iPod control.

My one doesn't work my ipod touch, but does read USB memory sticks.

if voice command button mutes the speakers this means you don't have voice command!

voice command comes standard if you have the 8" screen not the 5.8"

Voice control is standard on Nav pro, but an option on the CMS and DNS.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Voice control is standard on Nav pro, but an option on the CMS and DNS.

not in the Middle East where the OP is from.
you only get Voice control (and GPS) with 8" screen for around GBP1,600 which in my opinion ain't worth it :)
it's not optional with 5.8" here

dasGTI2

Hey,

USB port in the armrest compartment is Charging only (at least for us here in dubai)
I was unfortunate to not have the USB port charge my phone either when i got my car. Some fault with it.Took 2 days to rectify! Also got the shoddy FM reception partly fixed. (60-70% fixed according to service advisor :p). Awaiting an update from VW for full fix.

And yes, no voice control for us here with our 5.8" screens.

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply guys, hope you also enjoy your GTI as I do, isn't there a way to add voice command cause to be honest I find this stupid, to have a button on the steering wheel that doesn't work, back in Egypt with my mk6 Golf 1.6 this option was standard as well as folding mirrors!! So if it's possible please share, thanks

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
Sadly we do lack some features i sort of got used to back in Germany. Folding mirrors with
button, Reverse Gear Mirrors go down, Concave Driver and passenger rearview mirrors with
BlindSpot assist (and no arabic writing), performance models are missing here, there are
only 4 colors, Voice commands.. the only gearbox available here is auto DSG... I so wanted
the manual one. the list goes on...

But I have to be honest i got used to those things now .. and nothing really bothers me
anymore ... except maybe the arabic script on the rearview mirrors which are entirely
useless. The "Voice Command Button" is now just a "Mute to talk to others button" ...
(that's what the icon looks like to me now) and driving this thing is just pure fun now!