GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upcoming Intake for the Golf 7 R :)

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
There is already an intake upcoming for the 7R :)

That actual pic is from a development GTI but the Golf R has the same TSI engine (only internals are different), so fitment will be pretty much the same. The system uses a dry foam Pipercorss cone filter.

It's a German company, HG Motorsport, they've got an MK6 R version which I've seen in the flesh, quality is impressive!

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Looks the mutts nuts

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have one :)

BlueBullet

Ready to race!

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I have one :)

So what difference have you noticed? New golf r isn't available yet and it's expensive for the gti variant, so I'm curious what do you get for all that money in gains or sound etc.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
In terms of sound it's not much different. There is a very slight air noise.

In terms of performance i can't really judge because i installed it in the same time with an intercooler and a tuning box. So i have gains but can't tell from where

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
In terms of sound it's not much different. There is a very slight air noise.

In terms of performance i can't really judge because i installed it in the same time with an intercooler and a tuning box. So i have gains but can't tell from where

A more flowing intake on a turbo car won't give you so much of a perfomance upgrade vs an N/A motor. It's basically visuals, and sound upgrade truthfully.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
A more flowing intake on a turbo car won't give you so much of a perfomance upgrade vs an N/A motor. It's basically visuals, and sound upgrade truthfully.

Very true, the turbo will anyway compress the air to scorching temperatures, for the IC to cool them prior throttle body.
However power benefits will be noticed on high boost applications at high rpms if the compressor really needs to gob large quantities of air, or either way depending on how restrictive the OEM unit is.