GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil change - Part Numbers

Fergie

Oil & filter change part numbers for service of mk7 Golf models:
- 2.0 GTI (CHHB)
- 2.0 GTI with Performance Pack (CHHA)
- 2.0 Golf R (CJXB, CJXC & CJXD)

I have listed both the VAG P/N's and the Mann P/N's below since Mann manufacture the VAG branded filters.

Engine Oil

Use oil to VW 504/507 spec, this is a must to comply with requirements for longlife service intervals (QG1) but also recommended for standard time-distance service intervals (QG0/2). VW in UK recommends Castrol Edge 5w30, as long as it is to 504/507 and a reputable brand it should be fine. VW's Quantum Longlife III 5w30 is made by Castrol and is essentially the same oil, but going by the datasheets it is very slightly more viscous at lower temperatures. Quantity required to top of dip stick marker is 5.7 litres.

Oil Filter
VAG (06L 115 562), Mann (HU 6002 z) - Note: 53 x 24 x 24 x 112mm

Sump Plug w/ o-ring
VAG (06L 103 801) Plastic sump, so plastic sump plug with o-ring.

Air Filter
VAG (5Q0 129 620B), Mann (C 30 005) - Note: 292 x 177 x 70mm

Cabin/Polen Filter

VAG (5Q0 819 653), Mann (CUK 26 009) - Note: 254 x 235 x 32mm

Last edited:

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Oil change on R

Bought the items necessary for an oil +filter change.

I must say, very “odd” oil plug made of plastic.

A question. On the oil filter cup it’s printed 25 + 5 NM as torque. Does it mean 25 NM or 30? No big deal but it's made of plastic so I’m a bit cautious.

/Peter

mrlapou

Ready to race!
It means 25Nm with extra 5Nm i.e. 30 Nm max.
As it's O ring sealed and plastic, I'd go with the lower figure.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Okay mrlapou, thanks. This will be the first time in my life using a torque wrench for an oil filter….:D

/Peter

TarmacDaddy

Ready to race!

This is everything I have so far. I want to do a 1,000 mile change tonight. I'm a little worried how tight that filter will be on there.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
This is everything I have so far. I want to do a 1,000 mile change tonight. I'm a little worried how tight that filter will be on there.

Shouldn’t be a problem to loosen the filter, just remove the top engine cover, makes it easier ;). Mine was easy done.

The oil plug in plastic could be good to have. FYI - My old one was reusable after remove but since I had a new I used it.

/Peter

Last edited:

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Great post. Vote sticky.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
I changed my oil and oil filter about a week ago. Easiest oil/ oil filter change ever.
Bought a Mann filter and 6 QTS. of Mobil 1 I'm using a Pella extractor, top side and no worries about the oil pan plug.
I marked the oil filter housing and tightened it up as it came from the factory, 36 MM socket wrench.

markbirss

Oil Temperatures (before and after changing)

Thank you, Fergie for the details.

What temperatures are you guys experiencing with oil before and after oil changes.

My GTI is just 6 days old, been upto 111 Degrees C.

Oil & filter change part numbers for service of mk7 Golf models:
- 2.0 GTI (CHHB)
- 2.0 GTI with Performance Pack (CHHA)
- 2.0 Golf R (CJXB, CJXC & CJXD)

I have listed both the VAG P/N's and the Mann P/N's below since Mann manufacture the VAG branded filters.

Engine Oil

Use oil to VW 504/507 spec, this is a must to comply with requirements for longlife service intervals (QG1) but also recommended for standard time-distance service intervals (QG0/2). VW in UK recommends Castrol Edge 5w30, as long as it is to 504/507 and a reputable brand it should be fine. VW's Quantum Longlife III 5w30 is made by Castrol and is essentially the same oil, but going by the datasheets it is very slightly more viscous at lower temperatures. Quantity required to top of dip stick marker is 5.7 litres.

Oil Filter
VAG (06L 115 562), Mann (HU 6002 z) - Note: 53 x 24 x 24 x 112mm

Sump Plug w/ o-ring
VAG (06L 103 801) Plastic sump, so plastic sump plug with o-ring.

Air Filter
VAG (5Q0 129 620B), Mann (C 30 005) - Note: 292 x 177 x 70mm

Cabin/Polen Filter

VAG (5Q0 819 653), Mann (CUK 26 009) - Note: 254 x 235 x 32mm

CountZachula

Thanks! All good info. :cool: